Tony Escamilla Guest

Default SE Neutral to Mast?

Now I know this is wrong, but can't find the appropriate code reference. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Tony Escamilla
    Villa Home Inspections
    Los Angeles Home Inspector, San Bernardino Home Inspection, Orange County Home Inspction - Certified Home Inspector

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: SE Neutral to Mast?

Is that the utilities overhead service drop tied to the mast, if so ....
    NEC article230.26 Point of Attachment
    NEC article 230.27 Means of Attachment
    NEC article 230.28 Service Masts Used as Support

Last edited by ken horak; 02-23-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Tony Escamilla Guest

Thats exactly what I was referring to. Thank you!!!

This is the kind of crap that usually shows up on an un-inspected service change. Lousy job on the flashing, too.

Also looks like they cross over more roof than is allowed, i.e., are only allowed to cross over the "overhang", not another roof below it.

Looks like height above the roof is a problem too.

The simple statement to make is that "nothing in that photo looks anywhere near close to being right" ... except maybe that cap on that fence post down there ...

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Roger Frazee Guest

TONY

You might want to drop in on your local power company and get their residential overhead drop and undergound lateral standards for installation. They usually have them in a pdf on the web site or in a brochure.

For what it's worth the mast seal is installed incorrectly to the roof .

Also for your information the bare wire the installer wrapped around the mast is the current carrying utility grounded conductor for the overhead drop and is called the messenger wire. I hope you can look around that neighborhood and see a mast installed correctly to compare what hardware is used to properly connect the wires and also proper drip loop etc.... the power company needs to be contacted and a qualified electrical service to correct that mess. I doubt seriously that the power company connected to the service conductors with that arrangement it looks more like a handyman did the work. A brave one at that....

Tony Escamilla Guest

Yeah, unfortunately I see this kind of stuff too often with more and more "contractor specials" out there. I agree with everyone's comments. This is a mess!! Who ever did this knew just enough to be dangerous! I recommended they have a LICENSED electrical contractor be contacted for proper installation.

You should see the hoarding inspection I had last week

Thanks again,

Tony Escamilla
    Los Angeles Home Inspector, San Bernardino Home Inspection, Orange County Home Inspction - Certified Home Inspector