Kevin Luce Guest

Smile Crawlspace vent fan

Anyone come across a crawlspace vent fan. I found this on the internet for $139.99 and it comes with a humidistat built in.

I come across some crawlspaces where everything meets the standards but the humidity is still a little high.

This is sold at Improvements Catalog

I thought there was going to be a spell check?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Crawlspace vent fan

I put something like that in my rental property this past summer, but it didn't have a built in humidistat. That would have been even nicer. It's not much of a problem here unless we get big monsoon rains in July and August.

Kevin VanderWarf Guest

I see those here from time to time.
    In most cases, I think it's a quick fix to a larger problem. But it is, in some cases, a fix.

Tim Moreira Guest

Kevin L,

Look in the top right of the message box where you type over the smilies, abc with the check mark under it.

Click on it and download the link.

Last edited by Tim Moreira; 04-02-2007 at 01:08 PM. Reason: added L after Kevin since there are two

Richard Moore Guest

I encountered these for the first time only a couple of weeks ago. New home with four of them in the crawl. There were no indications they were needed here more than any other home. Soils was dry wherever I pulled back the barrier and also had the normal venting. This was higher-end home with some very nice touches and I think this was a case of a builder actually doing more than required. It happens...nice to see occasionally.

I temporarily adjusted one until it ran and they are very quiet. Thinking about it now, I suppose I should have tested every one of them? Yep, will have to do that if I see them again.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Kevin Luce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Moreira View Post
    Kevin L,

Look in the top right of the message box where you type over the smilies, abc with the check mark under it.

Click on it and download the link.

Already have it. I had to go the the user CP and change a setting to get the spell check to work. Thanks for the help anyways.

Mike Huppi Guest

So were they GFCI protected and I bet it is expensive if the motor goes out instead of buying a bathroom fan.

I see bath fans a lot around here in row-townhouses

Tim Moreira Guest

So were they GFCI protected
    Should have been. Hope that one was on a GFCI breaker.

Didn't we just have two other threads on this?

I see them around here a lot. In fact, the Knox County Building dept started to require them on new homes.
    On new homes they are on GFCI's, on retrofits, who knows?
    JF

Kevin VanderWarf Guest

"I bet it is expensive if the motor goes out"

It would surprise me if the vent and fan total more than $40 or $50.
    I could be wrong, I've never bought one.

Four fans in one crawlspace?

I hope there were provisions for make up air. Four fans blowing out all openings with no intake for make up air would defeat the purpose of the fans.

Ed Ochs Guest

May be ok in your neck of the woods but I'd have to write it up if its all exhaust...creates negative pressure... Pulls radon out of the ground faster. Here they would have to be intake vent fans with non assisted vents for exhaust...

They do look nice though...