Joseph P. Hagarty Guest

Default Armstrong Oil Fired Furnace / Vent Connection

The many wonderous uses of Duct Tape.

"Yellow Ticket" indicates recent service of this Oil Fired Furnace............

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Cool Re: Armstrong Oil Fired Furnace / Vent Connection

Yep, and that elbow is not even engaged into that pipe section. They are offset and the tape is making the joint. Looks like the relationship btw hole in cabinet and length of elbow doesn't line up so they taped the joint to make up the difference instead of doing it right.

No screws visible at any pipe joints

Can't wait to see the chimney. At 0.65 GPH, I'll bet it is rotten as hell.

Good pickup, Jos. I wish I could get that contractor to tighten up on his service. He is a nice guy but boy the stuff they leave in service scares me.

Do you have any more shots? Hey, have them call me if need be.
    Bob

Keep the fire in the fireplace.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Re: Armstrong Oil Fired Furnace / Vent Connection

The amount of issues I see existing with heating systems considering the recent service records posted at the units makes me wonder if some service people know what they are doing or even care.

Smile Re: Armstrong Oil Fired Furnace / Vent Connection

I agree Nick. Pretty sad state of affairs around here. Speaking of around here, I got a call of that property near me. They don't want to pay me to come out and inspect it but they sent some pics. You made a good call.
    Bob

Keep the fire in the fireplace.

Thanks Bob. That fireplace was one of those " you've gotta be kidding me" FUBARs. Sorry to hear they thought your work was uncompensated public service.

Joseph P. Hagarty Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Harper View Post

....Good pickup, Jos. I wish I could get that contractor to tighten up on his service. He is a nice guy but boy the stuff they leave in service scares me.

Do you have any more shots? Hey, have them call me if need be.
    Bob
    No other photos as these were adequate for the Client in their determinations.

Seller had some question with regard to this as the home had recently been inspected by another Inspector and the Inspector made no mention of this deficiency. He may have been influenced by the recent Inspection Ticket hanging on the Furnace.

I did not initially realize the Yellow ticket would be recognizable (clear) when uploaded.

I may delete that photo....

It's a good picture for education purposes Joe. Maybe you can just edit the service tag out of the pic and repost.

I love the line on that tag "This oil burner was throughly cleaned and checked". I guess that service didn't include looking at the flue pipe.