A.D. Miller Guest

Default T-Mo Android vs. Iphone

I may be saying farewell to my Blackberry soon and am looking into alternatives for a new phone. I do not like Apple, the computers or the phones, but might consider an Iphone IF it is better than the new Android phones on the market. Does anyone have personal experience with both? Apple fanatics please refrain from proselyting.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: T-Mo Android vs. Iphone

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    I may be saying farewell to my Blackberry soon and am looking into alternatives for a new phone. I do not like Apple, the computers or the phones, but might consider an Iphone IF it is better than the new Android phones on the market. Does anyone have personal experience with both? Apple fanatics please refrain from proselyting.
    I think everyone will be bias to what they own and use. I switched to an iPhone about a year ago. I like it. Since you can work on another app while talking on the iPhone (I don't think the Droid lets you access the Internet while you are talking) I have found it almost a necessity to use a bluetooth ear piece and actually it makes life easier with the earpiece while doing other task like driving!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Edward Loughran Guest

I went from a $20.00 go phone from Wal-mart to the Iphone. I don't find that it has any better reception than any other phone I have used. There are a lot of applications for it but the speed they work is dependant upon how you are connected. It has been very easy to use.

imported_John Smith Guest

My wife has the Android (My Touch) from TMobile and she is quite happy with it.
    I think the Apple stuff is over-rated and was over - priced.

From what I can tell though, they are pretty similar in performance. If Im not mistaken, the newer android phones are getting some very high megapixel cameras on them.

I dont think you could go wrong with either of the two, other than the high monthly access fees.

I had T-Mobile once for about 2 years and it was the worst service I'd ever had among all of the different carriers.

After going thru just about all of them, I come to like my Nextel service the best. Now they are owned by Sprint but I still can't complain it other than the rape I get when I open my bill every month.

Why does cell service have to cost so much?

I've never had a problem with dropped calls anywhere I've used it.

I did see the new Google phone and I would probably choose it over the I-phone if was getting a newer type phone.

rick

To me, the phone you chose depends on the service you chose which depends on your area.

Some areas have poor coverage with one carrier but good coverage from another carrier.

Years ago in South Florida I had Bell South-which became Cingular-which became AT&T, and that had good coverage, but I needed the Nextel Push-to-Talk feature and switched to Nextel, whose coverage was somewhat spotty in some of the areas I went to.

When on vacation in the North Carolina mountains we found spotty coverage for Bell South-Cingular-AT&T but good coverage by Verizon.

Depends on the best coverage for your primary area would be my answer.

I had a friend who switched to Primco (remember them?) because he go unlimited minutes, except that his calls were continually dropped, so he got unlimited minutes ... one minute at a time (so to speak).

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I've been using the MotoDroid on Verizon for a couple of months now. I'm happy with it. Coverage is the issue for anyone. Verizon has fabulous coverage everywhere I go so no problem. This thing is a tiny computer in your hand. Very powerful. I can even stream live video at DVD quality to the Net if I want to.

There is a new gig, stream the inspection to a website so your client can watch while you work! LOL What could go wrong there?

Have not tried the web browser while on a phone call but the other stuff works fine. I can look at my address book etc. while on a call.

One out point is NO blue tooth fully hands free operation for car use. you cannot answer the phone from the BT headset while driving. You must answer it normally (with an "unlock swipe") and then it switches to the headset. This is causing quite a bitch flap in the Droid community.

The Google Maps full GPS navigation is baked in and works sweet. Bye bye Garmin! It even switches to "street view" when you arrive and shows you the picture of the actual house!

I've also got a Google Voice account. I have it setup as the Voice Mail for this number and it will take the message, transcribe it and email it to you on the phone along with the sound file. No more dialing up VM to see if you have any messages. They come automatically. You will need to set up a gmail account if you don't have one already. It also syncs my gmail address book, bookmarks for the browser and they are hooking up Google docs soon.
    Dana

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

I use the Samsung Omina 2. Runs window apps for my inspection software and has same feel as I phone so I am told. Haven't used the navigator because it cost 10:00 a month. (Verizon). I do have internet and use the email allot as well as keeping tabs on FB

Camera and Video works great with flash and one touch upload to your favorite palce such as FB, Photo bucket, etc.

Downloaded google maps and it will hone in right to where you are at, but not good for navigating. I think that"s where the Android would be nice.

Mike Schulz License 393
    Affordable Home Inspections
    www.houseinspections.com

Pete Busch Guest

I had Verizon and it was the worst ever, dropped calls, poor reception, voice mails showing up a week later, this is in the Twin Cities. I know everyone raves about Verizon but I lived with it for two years. Now I have ATT and everyone complains how bad they are but my reception and service has been pretty much perfect so go figure.

BTW, I'm getting an Iphone when I re up in May, why? Because I want one, thats why. LOL .