Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default PETA Protests Against Purebreed Dogs

Just when it seemed they couldn't possibly be more irrational, PETA raised the stupidity bar on themselves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Scottish terrier tops at WestminsterComment Email Print Share Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Sadie the Scottish terrier won America's top dog show Tuesday night, and that was pretty predictable. What happened moments before she took the title at Westminster was far more startling.

Two members of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals walked into the center ring at Madison Square Garden and held up signs that said "Mutts Rule" and "Breeders Kill Shelter Dogs' Chances," the latter a slogan popularized by PETA.

The crowd of 15,000 gasped at the protest, then booed the well-dressed women and cheered as security ushered them away without incident. The women, who acted on their own but were supported by PETA, were charged with criminal trespass, police said.

The interruption occurred between judging of a Doberman pinscher and brittany and lasted about a minute. Shortly thereafter, 4-year-old Sadie climbed the purple best in show podium where one of the women had stood.

"I thought it was well-controlled by our people," Westminster spokesman David Frei said, without elaborating. Frei, the host of USA Network's coverage, is a veteran of the show world and a longtime advocate of therapy and rescue dogs.

Sadie was a big favorite coming into the show, which is for 2,500 purebred dogs. There have been previous protests at Westminster, but none nearly so dramatic. As a matter of course, the public-address announcer at the Garden reads an announcement urging people to visit shelters and adopt their dogs.

PETA contends the focus on purebreds leaves many mutts homeless. In a statement, PETA vice president Daphna Nachminovitch said "euthanasia becomes a sad necessity."

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: PETA Protests Against Purebreed Dogs

Rights?

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

dog= the other white meat

I support PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).

"Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

Ron Bibler Guest

Knew a gal long time back for asia. She told me dog was alot like chicken

And that labs were the best...

Best

Ron

If we were not meant to eat them, they wouldn't be made from meat.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Violet says Woof!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

chris mcintyre Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    Knew a gal long time back for asia. She told me dog was alot like chicken

And that labs were the best...

Best

Ron
    Since you brought up domestic animals.

Italy TV Network Suspends Chef Who Called Cat Soup ‘a Delight’ - BusinessWeek

Feb. 16 (Bloomberg) -- Italy’s RAI TV network suspended a popular cook from its “Chef’s Challenge” show after he said a recipe for cat soup was “a delight,” sparking protests by a government official and animal-rights activists......
    ......“Cat soup is one of the best dishes from Valdarno,” Bigazzi said on the program, referring to the valley in Tuscany formed by the Arno River. The cat “is kept three days in a stream to bring out the qualities of its white meat,” the chef said. “I’ve eaten it many times and I assure you it’s a delight.”

FAIL! on the show security. PETA has been known to enter the show grounds and open unattended pens and release dogs to run free and possibly be injured. That's "ethical"? There is usually a close watch and we never leave ours unattended.

I raise and show very rare Otterhounds. I have three, two bitches and one male pup. (lucky guy!) All are AKC registered and shown. The bitches are AKC Champions. Both were in the Eukanuba Show this last December in Long Beach, CA. There are less than 50 pups whelped each year and only about 1000 Otterhounds worldwide. If it were not for people like us, the breed would have died out many years ago. They have been around since the 1300's

As you may guess, this is not an inexpensive hobby but it keeps the wife out of my hair. I go along to hold dogs and pick up poop.

During the telecast of Westminster, there were many commercials urging the audience to visit their local shelter and adopt a "mixed breed" dog so PETA is way out of line.

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Ted Menelly Guest

It is the uncontrolled breeding of these mutts that is their death sentence not the pure breed dogs being advertised. They cannot go after the thousands and thousands of individuals that let their mutts breed so they have to go after the breeders of pure bred dogs.

I want a cat but it is going to be a Bengal or Savanna. Both these cats are 800 to a couple thousand. I guess if I buy one of these cats that I prefer then I will be a pound kitty killer as well. Not! It will be the breeders of these unwanted pound kitties not the breeders of the cats I want or me for buying them. I say....empty all the pounds. Fine the folks that bring in their unwanted dogs and cats. Most dogs in the pounds are dropped off by someone. Let them pay for the maintenance, feeding and kennel space for the dogs.

What logic

Sounds like ADs thinking Just kidding AD. Other bleeding hearts looking for somone to blame. Let them blame who is at fault.