Thread: Clearances

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Clearances

Here is a pic from a 6 year old townhouse I looked at yesterday. The house has a rooftop deck but there is another roof for the stairwell leading up to access to the roof deck. The B vent for the furnace and the water heater is right next to the deck railing. Stupid spot for it but I'm not sure if it is considered acceptable by building practices. One, I see it as a burn hazard. Two, I can't see how it is considered acceptable to vent so close to a deck.

Thoughts?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Clearances

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    Here is a pic from a 6 year old townhouse I looked at yesterday. The house has a rooftop deck but there is another roof for the stairwell leading up to access to the roof deck. The B vent for the furnace and the water heater is right next to the deck railing. Stupid spot for it but I'm not sure if it is considered acceptable by building practices. One, I see it as a burn hazard. Two, I can't see how it is considered acceptable to vent so close to a deck.

Thoughts?
    I don't know about others but I have never burnt myself on a B'vent, even straight out of the furnace. Has anyone?

I haven't either but I gotta cover my bases just in case.

A.D. Miller Guest

NO: That is the absolute first decent "chimney" installation you have provided for us, and your complaining about it?

I'm too accustomed to seeing buffoonery that I have a hard time believing some things can be OK.