Default Door Interference

New home, modular construction, the bathroom entry door, hollow core composite, and the glass shower door (tempered) bang together if both are opened at the same time. Other than plain stupid design and installation - Is there anything in the 2006 IRC that can help motivate the builder to correct it?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance
    The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

Default Re: Door Interference

Nope. Besides, how many people are getting in or out of the shower while someone else is opening the door?

Just curious.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

A.D. Miller Guest

Is there anything in the 2006 IRC that can help motivate the builder to correct it?
    SB: Yep, 3.46 lbs. of pages, when rolled up and wielded like a hammer, will make a great motivator.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    SB: Yep, 3.46 lbs. of pages, when rolled up and wielded like a hammer, will make a great motivator.
    Yep- Wish I could

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Nope. Besides, how many people are getting in or out of the shower while someone else is opening the door?

Just curious.
    Well, let's see. One couple, one kid just over toddler age and one in the oven. Add in that neither the master bedroom nor bathroom doors latch closed since day one because the latches don't line up with the strike plates. - Could be most anytime. What's up Jerry? Isn't your one shower a week season over yet?

Stu, Fredericksburg VA

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Brooks View Post
    New home, modular construction,
    I agree, it is inexcusable in new construction.
    That shower door could have been a slider in the design. If not, should have been.