Ken Bates Guest

Default BATHROOM VENTING

Don't want to cut a hole thru the roof to vent?

Don't want to condense moisture in vent duct by connecting to a soffit vent?

Don't want to deposit moisture at attic eaves by just laying duct terminations above soffits?

WELL THEN, TRY THIS: ( I hope I can attach the photo )

I found this curiosity in the trussed attic of an almost finished town house.

I was curious to see if both top bath exhaust fan vent tubes terminated close to the eaves soffit, or into a soffit vent. To do so I had to pull back wads of insulation that was blocking any kind of ventilation for this and most other rafter bays. (glad I did)

I saw none of the above. What I saw was not 2 venting ducts ( 1 from each of the 2 baths ) but one vent duct.

It doesn't show that well in the photo but the bath fans are connected to EACH OTHER BY ONE DUCT.

So you can vent one bath if the other exhaust fan is not powered up. I wished I had the time to compare the power (cfm) of each fan unit to see if one was stronger than the other.