Default 3 Prongs and Sub Panels

I now don't know if I should call a receptacle a 3 prong, 3 slot, 2 slots and one hole, two wire or what?
    As for those Submarine Panels I can't imagine why that usage is proliferated?

Unless, just unless, someone is looking at their copy of CODE CHECK.

This stuff cracks me up. If we can't get the folks that are giving us the quick reference to quit doing it I don't suppose we ever will.

Sorry about the quality but it's hard to take pictures of glossy surfaces

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

dana1028 Guest

Default Re: 3 Prongs and Sub Panels

The use of the term 'sub-panel' may be regional, this term is quite widespread in the west as everyone knows what is being referred to. It is readily understood to refer to distribution panelboards other than main/service distribution panels...rolls off the tongue nice and easy too.

What term or terms do you use to refer to a distribution panelboard other than the service equipment?

I know there is no such term [sub-panel] used in the NEC, but there are 1000's of terms used in the trade that are not in the Code; that doesn't stop guys from using slang or trade names or from being understood when using them [e.g. 'donut' for reducing washers, 'acorn' for a type of ground rod clamp, etc.]

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Burnett View Post
    Unless, just unless, someone is looking at their copy of CODE CHECK.

This stuff cracks me up. If we can't get the folks that are giving us the quick reference to quit doing it I don't suppose we ever will.

Yep, there are other errors in those books too.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

We are so skittish around here we just point and call it "that thang with them wares comin out of it"

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Burnett View Post
    We are so skittish around here we just point and call it "that thang with them wares comin out of it"
    Thar ya go, that thang o' der wid flames comin' outta da sides ...

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com