Joe Nernberg Guest

Cool Whirlpool Tub Motor

It looks like the whirlpool tub motor is walking the plank. I recommend proper support beneath the motor. Builder/contractor insists that this installation complies with manufacturer specifications. I cannot prove otherwise as I cannot find a specific reference in the installation instructions. Opinions?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Whirlpool Tub Motor

I see the tubs been set up 3 inches. More than likley to meet the surround flush. Specs did not include that or that motor mount would be 3 inches lower.
    That tub was meant to sit on the floor. Not on 2 two by four runners.
    And he didn't want to shove 2 2x's under it?
    Maybe the broker can do it. Can you just picture that Joe?
    Ugh! That's scary!

Many are shipped (i.e., tested, listed, and labeled) with the motor there on an extended platform like that.

However, that said, the manufacturer did not (I am sure) plan on that diving board deflecting like that.

Even with the tub installed as specified (most either set on a pre-made platform like that has under it, albeit not with the additional high heel lifts), that board holds the motor up. The intent is to drain the water out of the motor and into the tub when the tub is drained.

That spring board needs to be propped up so it is flat again.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

"Builder/contractor insists that this installation complies with manufacturer specifications..."

Send the manufacturer that picture, and ask them 1) Is it "right"? 2) as installed, are the pump/plumbing/tub body still under factory warranty? 3) if not, how much of the assembly has to be replaced/reinstalled to bring it back into warranty....

Also, is that a proper form and mortar bed at lower left? – hard to tell in the pic, seems like it’s void below.

If it's not, the builder may need to reinstall the (raised) tub on a correct bed per manufacturer's installation's instructions.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images