Greg Frazier Guest

Default InterNACHI Class Act

I canceled my NACHI membeship this morning and look what I received back by email from Mr Gromicko. What an absolute lowlife, scumbag! Diploma mill my a$$.

"OK. I'm on it. I'm emailing all the agents in your area the list of all local diploma mill ASHI members with a link to https://www.homeinspector.org/join/a...n/default.aspx
    showing that anyone can join Diploma Mill ASHI in 30 seconds, online, with nothing more than a valid credit card.
    Make sure you aren't on that list, I'll have it hit your entire area by end of month. Bye bye diplmoma mil ASHI inspectors. I'll get it to all the brokers to blacklist as well."

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: InterNACHI Class Act

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Frazier View Post
    I canceled my NACHI membeship this morning and look what I received back by email from Mr Gromicko. What an absolute lowlife, scumbag! Diploma mill my a$$.

"OK. I'm on it. I'm emailing all the agents in your area the list of all local diploma mill ASHI members with a link to https://www.homeinspector.org/join/a...n/default.aspx
    showing that anyone can join Diploma Mill ASHI in 30 seconds, online, with nothing more than a valid credit card.
    Make sure you aren't on that list, I'll have it hit your entire area by end of month. Bye bye diplmoma mil ASHI inspectors. I'll get it to all the brokers to blacklist as well."

What no profanity? Dang that was a nice note
    Ole nicki needs to face reality and acept the fact his club is on it's final leg.
    Judging his response and to cope with that, He needs to take an on-line course on how to handle rejection.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Michael Courtemanche Guest

Hey guys!

I'm a new home inspector and want to make sure to do things the proper way. Any advice on which association is best to join and which training method is better ( i.e in class or on line or just through an association). I have 8 years of renovation experience from new homes to century homes so I am not totaly in the dark. I appreciate your input.

By the way, what did Gromico send you?

have a great day!

Mike

Even if gromico sent that list to the realtors around here, they would all ask what is a nachi? I can't see how anyone would want to join that organization, er, club, after reading what the owner of the club posts.

Greg, just go on out and let everyone you know/do business with, understand that a nachi club "certification" is nothing more than an online exam. Then listen to the snickers.

Michael,
    where are you located? If your state has licensing, then I would just concentrate on that. Just read the response that Greg received from the founder of iachi and that should give you an idea who to avoid.

Last edited by Robert Jones; 03-18-2010 at 10:12 AM. Reason: TYPO
    Rob Jones
    Washington State Licensed Home Inspector #256
    www.washingtonhomeinspector.biz

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Jones View Post
    ...Michael, where are you located? If your state...
    He's in Canada, so I guess that would be "your province".

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Courtemanche View Post
    Hey guys!

I'm a new home inspector and want to make sure to do things the proper way. Any advice on which association is best to join and which training method is better ( i.e in class or on line or just through an association)
    Mike
    Join the local association in your area. One where you can meet other inspectors face to face. National or International associations where you never meet anyone are of little value except as potential marketing fodder. You need to join an association where you have speakers and training at least once a month just to stay current.

Go on as many ride alongs as you can. Do a report for each ride along and ask the inspector to reveiw your report. Pay him if you have to.

Mark this forum as Read and then read every reply every day. You will find out what you dont know that you dont know.

Almost any training is better than no training. 2 week classroom training will introduce you to the topics but not make you ready to inspect. Online training while give you book knowledge but not real world touching of defects. Ride alongs must be done regardless of where you get your book learnin'

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

This forum proves ASHI Inspectors need jobs.

First thing anyone with Brains learns is to talk about ones own positives and not just knock the other guy.
    We have more members than ASHI yet the name rarely comes up as our Inspectors have better things to do.

Poor old Dan Harris is on every anti -NACHI thread here along with several others.
    Anyone who reads this thread only needs to do a in -forum search to see who the low class idiots are.

I pity such losers.

NICK does what he is supposed to do .
    He markets and attacks the comp as a great marketer which also includes substance in the way of education.
    Without NACHI ,ASHI Inspectors would not know GFCI from AFCI ,since they all come to NACHI to learn.

Every time my NACHI chapter puts on a CE class it is full of ASHI guys.
    I wonder why?

Now enjoy the next few days twisting the truth.

NACHI & class act in the same sentence? LOL

Now Dan, I know how much you hate him/them, but your quote is going over the top a little bit no?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    Ole nicki needs to face reality and acept the fact his club is on it's final leg.
    Don't go spreading any false rumors or you sink to the level of...

Just ask Scott P; P.T. (aka NICK) stated that in the month of February something terrible was going to happen to all ASHI members;

Darren www.aboutthehouseinspections.com
    'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)

Michael Courtemanche Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Ramsey View Post
    Join the local association in your area. One where you can meet other inspectors face to face. National or International associations where you never meet anyone are of little value except as potential marketing fodder. You need to join an association where you have speakers and training at least once a month just to stay current.

Go on as many ride alongs as you can. Do a report for each ride along and ask the inspector to reveiw your report. Pay him if you have to.

Mark this forum as Read and then read every reply every day. You will find out what you dont know that you dont know.

Almost any training is better than no training. 2 week classroom training will introduce you to the topics but not make you ready to inspect. Online training while give you book knowledge but not real world touching of defects. Ride alongs must be done regardless of where you get your book learnin'
    Thanks for the info Bruce! I read a lot of threads putting down the new guys trying to get in and that they aren't trained enough. I certainly am trying to do things right and get the propper training and will suck it up wherever I can! You mentioned going on ride-alongs which I was already considering. My problem is that there are not many inspctors around here and I feel a little awkward asking the competitor for me to tag along and learn from him. Are most inspectors open enough to have the competition tag along with them? Any tips on how to approach him with the request? Once again thanks to all for the great info.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Courtemanche View Post
    Thanks for the info Bruce! I read a lot of threads putting down the new guys trying to get in and that they aren't trained enough.
    You mentioned going on ride-alongs which I was already considering. My problem is that there are not many inspctors around here and I feel a little awkward asking the competitor for me to tag along and learn from him. Are most inspectors open enough to have the competition tag along with them? Any tips on how to approach him with the request? Once again thanks to all for the great info.

Mike
    A few comments from my experience.
    Quote " I read a lot of threads putting down the new guys trying to get in and that they aren't trained enough. "
    You will find this may be true to a certain extent. If you show that you are serious about learning about the profession, opposed to presenting yourself as someone that knows it all by claiming your "certified" by taking an online quiz that certifies you. Like this chat board, you will find there are many that will be more willing to help you.
    If you are new in the profession and claim to be "certified " and make it appear to know more than others, it's tough to get help unless you find another inspector that also thinks he knows it all, problem with that inspector, he aint getting any inspections, and quite often the only thing he knows is info from another newby, or something that he learned from a starter on-line quiz.

Ride a longs, same thing. Yes there will be some that will be afraid of training their competion. Many of them are insecure and have less that 2 or 3 years experience.. They are not the guys that you want to learn from anyways.
    The greatest thing I found out about this profession is there are many local established guys that will help.
    As far as asking another inspector for information and ride-a-longs, it's kinda like getting inspections, you gotta build a relationship, then ask for them.

One of the best ways to get known and building relationships, is by attending a few local association meetings, after other local inspectors see that you are serious, you are there to learn all you can, and not one of those guys that think they know it all by first buying an on-line cert. you will find inspectors that are willing to help you get started.

Bottom line. You will get valuable information for free from here and from local guys, you are not going to get worthwhile on-line HI training for free.
    Start out locally, if you don't think other inspectors in your area are blind, dumb stupid scumbags that should be sued out of business, think twice before buying an on-line certificiation, that supports, and promotes an HI org owner, and some of his venders that supports sueing other home inspectors, public bashing and name calling of other inspectors on open to the public sites.

Last edited by Dan Harris; 03-19-2010 at 07:54 AM.
    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Miller View Post
    NACHI & class act in the same sentence? LOL

Now Dan, I know how much you hate him/them, but your quote is going over the top a little bit no?

Don't go spreading any false rumors or you sink to the level of...

Just ask Scott P; P.T. (aka NICK) stated that in the month of February something terrible was going to happen to all ASHI members;
    I forgot all about that. Anyone recall or have the post of what he said?

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Hey Bob, thats funny coming from you and seeing that your Guru has been on record repeatedly knocking associations which operate above board and are democratically run associations which produce financial records unlike your favoured association.

Also don't you find it hypocritical that NG can spread false and malicious information and act like a bully, yet when anyone else says anything about your defunct association NG gets his lawyer to send threatening meaningless letters.

You don't need to extol the virtues of your poor reasoning any more than you have to defend an association in which, pigs, cats, dogs, children and reporters have been able to join through an online exam.

Go Bob, go!
    If ASHI is run much like a free Democracy at no profit and NACHI is a association run by a greedy private individual,why is our training,CE,and general everything so much better.

You guys have no democracy or you would be posting on your dead forum instead of here everyday.

Your forum is closed to the public for good reason.

Nick is doing ,what he is supposed to do, in the way Regan did against the Russians

Psycometric valid testing vs online talk is all popo.most states are licensed and require the same darn test that ASHI does anyway,but NACHI forces you to take another online so ohhhhh they are a big shame and my dog can be an Inspector ohhhh.
    Is that the best you guys can come up with for the last 10 years?

I can join ASHI with just a check, and you guys keep bring down the entire Industry with the slamming.

How many of these threads are started with attacks on anyone other than NACHI?
    Guess it comes with the territory of biggest and best

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Elliott View Post
    I can join ASHI with just a check, and you guys keep bring down the entire Industry with the slamming.
    Yes, you can join ASHI with just a check. Just like you can join the NRA with just a check. It doesn't mean your a marksman. You can also join the ICC with just a check. It doesn't mean you're code certified.

You can't join ASHI and be a certified inspector with just a check.

However, you can become an Inachi Certified Inspector with a check and a 20 minute online test which grades on spelling and pests.

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Bob,

I have a question and maybe you can help me out? I am comparing apples to apples, or at least trying too. But I keep having to compare ASHI as the apple and Nachi as the orange.

Here below, an example of how the apple compares to the orange.

Enjoy.

Cerification: Benefits to ASHI's Lobbying Efforts | ASHI Reporter

Cerification: Benefits to ASHI's Lobbying Efforts
    by Randall Pence

Published December 2009

ASHI has taken decisive action to establish an ASHI certification process for home inspectors.

Certification can generate a wide range of benefits, including with respect to ASHI’s government affairs operations and its lobbying efforts to defend the interests of the ASHI membership in U.S. law.

How the government incorporates certifications in policy

In order for associations to master the full use of certifications as a means for promoting quality in products and services, it is important to grasp how and why government institutions, like Congress and the agencies of the U.S. executive branch, incorporate certifications in government policy.

When the government creates a new requirement, a mandate, a benefit, the government generally provides some description of a target, or benchmark, to meet.

Benchmarks take many forms, but one class of benchmark may be expressed in the form of a certification, a standard of quality to meet.

Without some manner of benchmark, there would be no extrinsic, objective means by which to measure whether or not someone meets his or her required obligation or would qualify for the benefit in question.

Government-specific standards of the past

Prior to the early 1990s, the federal government had a history of developing government-specific quality standards, specifications and other requirements.

A host of government-specific standards and unique specifications existed parallel to standards that prevailed for the rest of the economy in the private sector. Government and private-sector requirements might be similar in many respects, but in the end, anyone who wanted to do business with or comply with government often needed to remain up-to-date with and comport to standards that applied only to government and no one else.

Clearly, this caused inefficiencies and other problems for both individuals and businesses interfacing with government. This began to change in the mid-1990s as a consequence of the Republican takeover of the U.S. House of Representatives. One of the most lasting consequences of the reforms instituted at that time was a wholesale reform of government procurement policy.

“Off-the-shelf” certifications gain support

Congress created a preference against government-unique standards and specifications. In the alternative, Congress altered procurement policy to favor “off- the-shelf” private sector standards and establish preferences for non-government-specific specifications.

The purpose of these reforms was to make it easier to do business with the government, increase efficiency and lower the procurement costs to the taxpayers by eliminating high-cost products and services of use only by government and avoid parallel, dupli-cative procurement schemes.

This effort has been popular and successful. Even the federal agencies have come to embrace “off-the-shelf” because it has reduced their costs and made procurement easier. Further, both Congress and the agencies have virtually eliminated the criticism for unpopular government standards and requirements developed under their watch because, in most cases, they have adopted private standards where it is feasible to do so.

Private sector certifications proliferate

With government rolling back its activity writing standards and certifications, and instead recognizing and using private-sector standards, there has been a proliferation of private-sector standards/certification development.

With regard to standards, certifications, guidelines, “Best Practices” documents and more, federal personnel are often invited by the standards entities to participate. Government has a voice in standards and certification development, but without the burden of owning the standard, answering for it, paying for it. The public-sector certifications and standards may not be precisely what agencies would write in every case, but they are close enough. Standard-setting bodies want the support, participation and endorsement of the federal government and the resulting standards usually reflect government input.

There is another way to think of certifications, a way that closely reflects the value of certifications in lobbying practice and their impact on government personnel.

Government places high value on third-party validation

Government places high value on third-party validation in nearly every activity of government as a means to establish credibility and authority, to mitigate perceptions of controversy and to demonstrate that one’s lobbying position comports with some manner of widely accepted external yardstick. This is especially true when the yardstick is either generated by an independent third party or is developed in concert with, or endorsed by, unbiased third parties.

Every message that is conveyed to Congress and the federal agencies is bolstered in some way if one can add the phrase “this also meets the ABC Certification” or “this comports to the XYZ Standard.”

Thus, third-party validation allows the government to cite authoritative outside sources to provide some independent judgment establishing the veracity, substantiation, quality, etc.

In short, third-party validation, as evidenced in this discussion by certification, can be a powerful lobbying tool. It can be used to bolster the persuasiveness of lobbying arguments, establish credibility and demonstrate broad-consensus support and acceptance. Third-party validation and certification may be a principal means for overcoming the question of whether the position of an association should be discounted, in large part due to the internal interests of the group.

In sum, the availability of third-party validation in the form of certification can be a powerful wrench to keep in one’s lobbying toolbox.

Going one step further

In the best of circumstances, the utility of certification may go one step further.

In some cases involving widely recognized standards and certifications, Congress and the federal agencies are writing private-sector standards into federal law. In many cases, Congress and the federal agencies make use of legislative and regulatory “shorthand” by adopting very widely accepted consensus private-sector standards.

A current example of government making heavy use of standards not created by government is the LEED certification program, created by the U.S. Green Building Council. LEED is referenced in nearly all legislation mandating or encouraging energy-efficient, environmentally sound construction. LEED has become the de facto government standard that policy makers are using for benchmarks in green building construction.

There are many other examples of similar third-party certification products and services that have become benchmarks of choice considered so ubiquitous that the standards are incorporated into legislation.

Clearly, it would take some time and wide acceptance of a new certification for government to adopt it as a benchmark in public policy. But it is equally clear that government has an affinity, and a need, for widely accepted benchmark systems, most of which will arise in the private sector. This is a strong trend, with no sign of abating.

Prompting government awareness

ASHI’s actions on certification are a clear indicator of the association’s commitment to the leadership activity within the home inspector profession. It is the sort of leadership that government personnel recognize and respond to — with some prompting from ASHI’s lobbying efforts on behalf of the membership.

ASHI Reporter Home | ASHI Home | Contact Editor | Media & Publicity | Privacy
    Copyright © 2009 American Society of Home Inspectors ®, Inc.

Bob, Bob, Bob...... so tired.
    While you can join ASHI with just a credit card, you do not become a full member, or have logo use, until you have your reports verified, and pass the two exams.

But you already knew that....or not.

By the way, I am one ASHI member that does need "jobs". Jobs are what pays the bills. I can't think of one inspector that is not looking for jobs.

I guess the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, you just seem so jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    Bob, Bob, Bob...... so tired.
    While you can join ASHI with just a credit card, you do not become a full member, or have logo use, until you have your reports verified, and pass the two exams.

But you already knew that....or not.

By the way, I am one ASHI member that does need "jobs". Jobs are what pays the bills. I can't think of one inspector that is not looking for jobs.

I guess the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, you just seem so jealous.
    Jealous, is guys obsessed with NACHI.

I heard about your verification process.

By the way I am past the 250 requirement but choose to remain with the better association,rather than join the one partnered with one that as recently as a few years ago encouraged members to work on homes they inspected.
    Nor do I wish to have anything to do with one that markets directly to Realtor s.
    Talk about ethics!
    Unnamed person just went through it ,where the guy doing the verification called him and asked why he did not note cracked foundation.
    Person being verified said there was no visible cracking or or water intrusion .
    The wise AShi guy responded that all homes that age have one so you should have noted it.

Is that how ASHI Inspectors ,inspect?

Bob, you still have it so wrong. Now you are stooping to "i know a guy that said..... How tired is that?

BY the way, repairing homes we inspect has always been a problem, not sure where you got your bad information.
    By the way, I used to be a verifier, and I have to say your info is BS. Your unnamed source either lied to you, made something up, or is just a dumb ass, or all three.

Probably best you stay where you are. But, before you go trashing someone else, you should at least get your facts straight. Wait, Nick doesn't roll that way, so why should you?

ASHI just audited my continuing education credits this year. The third time in 8 years. I wonder how many Inachi inspectors were audited in the past 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rowe View Post
    ASHI just audited my continuing education credits this year. The third time in 8 years. I wonder how many Inachi inspectors were audited in the past 8 years.
    Nickos members work on the honor system. Honor, obey, worship, promote, and pay nick $289.00 every year.
    If they are short on $s they can earn extra credit by lying about, and bashing the other inspectors that will not pay nicko

www.inspectaz.com

I inspect according to state law which overrides any association.

Yes I will stay where I am , with the association that helped make my business a success in a tough market.

I am not an association fan boy ,but take offense to constant negative posts from those that instead of simply promoting their own ,attack others.
    Sad.So sad

Thanks Bob, I am glad you cleared up the superiority issue.

"First thing anyone with Brains learns is to talk about ones own positives and not just knock the other guy."

"NICK does what he is supposed to do .
    He (Nick}markets and attacks the comp as a great marketer..."

Therein lies much of the discontent among other inspectors.

You praise your organization when they put down someone, but let someone put down nachi, and you cry foul.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

As with Ken I to was audited this past year for CEU's by ASHI.

Ted Menelly Guest

Yes, you can join ASHI with just a check. Just like you can join the NRA with just a check. It doesn't mean your a marksman. You can also join the ICC with just a check. It doesn't mean you're code certified.

You can't join ASHI and be a certified inspector with just a check.

However, you can become an Inachi Certified Inspector with a check and a 20 minute online test which grades on spelling and pests.

I do not understand the audit thing for CEUs.

Is ASHI calling you a liar until proven innocent. If you turn CEUs in that are from somewhere that is accepted by ASHI then why would ASHI be auditing you.

Audit as in how. Don't you have to send them a copy every time you get CEUs and if so why would there be a further audit. I would be damned (I probably already are....before someone else says it) that I would open anything up for audit ferom any organization if they were already sent copies.

Probably a little over board here but I just have a difficult time that any org would have control over me to that extent for me to supply further facts after they already got them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post

Audit as in how. Don't you have to send them a copy every time you get CEUs and if so why would there be a further audit. I would be damned (I probably already are....before someone else says it) that I would open anything up for audit ferom any organization if they were already sent copies.
    Ted,

No, we don't send copies of the continuing ed. We can make our CEU claim online or through the mail, but copies aren't required unless we're audited.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    "First thing anyone with Brains learns is to talk about ones own positives and not just knock the other guy."

You praise your organization when they put down someone, but let someone put down nachi, and you cry foul.
    Just to be clear, Rick's comments need repeating.

Bob, do you double talk with your clients too?

Darren www.aboutthehouseinspections.com
    'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)

Ted Menelly Guest

Ted,

No, we don't send copies of the continuing ed. We can make our CEU claim online or through the mail, but copies aren't required unless we're audited.

Speaking of the orgs. I did belong to NACHI for a while and do not get me wrong, I am not defending them or siding with anyone, I had to fax copies of the CEUs to NACHI yearly. I also had belonged to ASHI for a while. and I believe you are right, I never had to fax them anything.

Hmmm

So much for the verification thing. I thought NACHI was the one where nothing had to be verified

ASHI radomly selects members for CEU audit including at least one member from each chapter. So, with a total membership of 2, I broke out the old analog computer and determined the odds for being selected as 1 in 2 or 50-50.

I won! I scanned the certificates into PDF files and emailed them.

Last edited by Stuart Brooks; 03-24-2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Addendum
    The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

ASHI does select at random people for ceu audits, but not one from each chapter. There are many ASHI members that do not belong to Chapters. It is random.
    One year when I was on the Board of Directors, the President was audited. It is random. I've never been audited and I have been an ASHI member for 16 years.

ASHI does select at random people for ceu audits, but not one from each chapter. There are many ASHI members that do not belong to Chapters. It is random.
    One year when I was on the Board of Directors, the President was audited. It is random. I've never been audited and I have been an ASHI member for 16 years.
    Yes, I believe I stated the selection was random from the general membership but, if you looked at the published explanation of selection, ASHI states they ALSO include at least ONE member from EACH chapter. It is possible, by pure random selection, to never be selected, to be selected more than once, and it is also possible to be selected every time. Being a member for 1 year or 100 years has nothing to do with random selection.

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

ASHI audits 10% of their membership every year. If you attend InspectionWorld, you should not be audited as your member number is flagged showing that you attended and have X number of CE hours from IW.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

David Nice Guest

Exclamation Re: InterNACHI Class Act

Bob, you still have it so wrong. Now you are stooping to "i know a guy that said..... How tired is that?

BY the way, repairing homes we inspect has always been a problem, not sure where you got your bad information.
    Bobs "bad information" came direction from a position paper issued by a certain inspectors association, indicating that it did NOT consider it unethical for inspectors to work on homes they inspected. The position was later reversed due to pressure by some of its own members and members of other inspection organizations.

Bob got it right! I might even have a copy of that "position statement"laying around if anyone feels the need to verify it.

Let's keep this little thread going with some more fine words from the founder and spiritual leader of iachi.

"Does Washington State accept superior online and online video training for pre-licensing yet or is Washington State still harming consumers by making applicants drive to listen to some jerk in front of a chalkboard? It is 2010 ya know."

Rob Jones

Let's keep this little thread going with some more fine words from the founder and spiritual leader of iachi.

"Does Washington State accept superior online and online video training for pre-licensing yet or is Washington State still harming consumers by making applicants drive to listen to some jerk in front of a chalkboard? It is 2010 ya know."
    LOL: The answer lies on the spirtual leaders chat board.. Many of his own experienced /certified members agree, almost daily, that professional classroom training is required

All one has to do is see the questions asked on the spiritual leaders chat board by the new on-line video, nicko trained /certified inspectors. Then compare the questions asked here from new inspectors that completed inspection training from, per him[ jerks in front of a chalk board]

Last edited by Dan Harris; 04-10-2010 at 06:11 PM.
    www.inspectaz.com

Here is an example of a class act.

Congratulations to NACHI Member John McKenna - Page 6 - InterNACHI Message Board

The ESOP Chair having a melt down and showing how truly cognizant he is of his duties as ethics chair to set an example and to refrain from showing bias.

Look at poor nicky having a fit on his website. he's gonna optimize me. More the better, I will just keep mentioning his club's entrance requirements.

Rob Jones

David Nice Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post

The point you miss is that a lot of that criticism has come as a direct result of a concerted effort, and in some cased outright conspiracies (proven) to discredit InterNACHI and its members under the guise of "protecting the consumer" when in reality it has (for the most part) been about false claims of superiority and efforts to destroy the competition.

That being said, I'm out of this discussion because it's very existence is a perpetration in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Here is an example of a class act.

Congratulations to NACHI Member John McKenna - Page 6 - InterNACHI Message Board

The ESOP Chair having a melt down and showing how truly cognizant he is of his duties as ethics chair to set an example and to refrain from showing bias.
    Is this another nicki approved on-line cont education course for newbys to help them learn how to get web hits, and how to respond to their customers if they call with a problem or concern ?

I could not find any thing comparable, on this hands on professional home inspection training site The ASHI School Home Inspection In the Field Training

Last edited by Dan Harris; 04-10-2010 at 08:33 PM.
    www.inspectaz.com

Yup that link I provided was for educational purposes, brought to you by Nachi!

While I am trying to respond to them on their forum, I feel it's for not. I am moderated and can't imagine all of my responses getting through, and if they do, I can't imagine they will be intact. I do have their education chair responding and he is offended by my comments.

For the record. I am sure there are many qualified and deserving inspectors associated with that club, their spiritual leader is a buffoon.

Rob Jones

Wow. I checked out the entire thread. It appears posting child porn on the Internachi web site is not a violation of their code of ethics. Great group of people.

I invited him to take his wild and slanderous claims to the police, where they should be handled if they are true. I, in turn, contacted the police who observed the picture, told me that they considered it "pornographic" and would investigate and turn over their investigation to others to determine if it should be prosecuted. They were particularly concerned with the fact that a child had observed the photograph and, knowing of such a possibility, the photograph was not removed.

While you and Larson were arguing that I was lying and bluffing, I was trying to convince John to remove the picture so that I could quickly report to the police that the issue was resolved before the cyber detective had begun to collect and trace evidence.

McKenna listened to you instead of me and, as a result, the evidence was taken and the investigation was initiated prior to his removal of the photograph. My subsequent report to the police that the photo had been removed did not change anything.

The code of ethics, as Joe Farsetta has explained, was not violated and your hissy fits do not change the facts. Your criticisms of Joe Farsetta, who has been the sole stabilizing force of this association from its earliest days of member participation, is not only incorrect factually --- but is totally unwarranted.

While I am trying to respond to them on their forum, I feel it's for not. I am moderated and can't imagine all of my responses getting through, and if they do, I can't imagine they will be intact. I do have their education chair responding and he is offended by my comments.

For the record. I am sure there are many qualified and deserving inspectors associated with that club, their spiritual leader is a buffoon.
    Gerry, is a pretty good guy and I consider him a friend. I'm not sure of his current involvement in their education, I know that before they started all of their "free" online stuff he was really active in their eduction programs. Even with all of their search optimization, my little website pull up in the top 1,2 or 3 spots for the areas I work in, and I really don't do anything special!

Even with all of the iNACHI diploma mill's free offerings, I found out yesterday the the ASHI School has a waiting list for for several of their in the seat scheduled classes. Looks like folks are still researching and selecting the better option for their needs.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Wow. I checked out the entire thread. It appears posting child porn on the Internachi web site is not a violation of their code of ethics. Great group of people.

Yes, it is an abomination that they would allow pornography on their site and it is not a violation of their COE. Really sad and an embarrassment to the profession.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ted Menelly Guest

And folks ask from time to time (mostly inspectors) why I avoid associations like the plague !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hm, I wonder !

And folks ask from time to time (mostly inspectors) why I avoid associations like the plague !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hm, I wonder !
    I hear you Ted.
    For the life of me I can not understand why some home inspectors, new or experienced, would pay/support someone to market him or herself to the public as a professional home inspector, when their potential customers are exposed to the profanity, public bashing of other professional home inspector training professionals, name calling, lying about other inspectors, and support of anti-licensing or any other consumer protection..
    All that information will be found by any person simply by googling the inspectors name they may be considering to hire, which leads that potential customer to the inspectors Home Inspection Org, and open to the public inspection chat board.

Last edited by Dan Harris; 04-11-2010 at 01:12 PM.
    www.inspectaz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Gerry, is a pretty good guy and I consider him a friend. I'm not sure of his current involvement in their education, I know that before they started all of their "free" online stuff he was really active in their eduction programs. Even with all of their search optimization, my little website pull up in the top 1,2 or 3 spots for the areas I work in, and I really don't do anything special!

Even with all of the iNACHI diploma mill's free offerings, I found out yesterday the the ASHI School has a waiting list for for several of their in the seat scheduled classes. Looks like folks are still researching and selecting the better option for their needs.

Scott,
    I don't know anything about Gerry, and my original comments on their forum was not directed at him or his CE courses. It was at their spiritual leader and his continued bashing and name calling. I will say this, and I have said it before, they do have a far superior CE program than the org we belong to. It's a shame to say the least.

Rob

Last edited by Robert Jones; 04-11-2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: misspell
    Rob Jones

Ken Bates Guest

The grammar, syntax and spelling of the above posters who are not ASHI members is telling. Just about anyone can pass a NACHI exam. I scored 98% correct marks in half the allowed time (30 minutes) and did it just out of curiosity (for fun) as I had already scored very high marks on the NHIE under supervised/monitored conditions during a 4 hour exam to become a member of ASHI.

I SCORED A 98% GRADE/MARK ON THE NACHI EXAM SHORTLY AFTER DRINKING MORE THAN 12 OUNCES OF TEQUILA (I love Margaritas)

I will grant that NACHI is pulling itself up by its bootstraps and outshining
    ASHI salaried individuals (admisnistration). NACHI is providing more and superior educcation than ASHI. However, anyone can become a NACHI member, but few qualify for ASHI membership. Few NACHI members can pass the NHIE exam, most ASHI members have.

I'm with you Ted. Been there, done that, don't need it !!!

Its not only the entry requirements of NACHI its the whole bloody works! Too many eager to partake of meaningless titles. Pulling itself up by the bootstraps? Ya I guess you mean pulling the jack boots on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bates View Post
    The grammar, syntax and spelling of the above posters who are not ASHI members is telling. Just about anyone can pass a NACHI exam. I scored 98% correct marks in half the allowed time (30 minutes) and did it just out of curiosity (for fun) as I had already scored very high marks on the NHIE under supervised/monitored conditions during a 4 hour exam to become a member of ASHI.

I SCORED A 98% GRADE/MARK ON THE NACHI EXAM SHORTLY AFTER DRINKING MORE THAN 12 OUNCES OF TEQUILA (I love Margaritas)

I will grant that NACHI is pulling itself up by its bootstraps and outshining
    ASHI salaried individuals (admisnistration). NACHI is providing more and superior educcation than ASHI. However, anyone can become a NACHI member, but few qualify for ASHI membership. Few NACHI members can pass the NHIE exam, most ASHI members have.
    Ken, I agree with you..

ASHI and NACHI have two totally different models when it comes to eduction. ASHI has always allowed its chapters to provide the CE to its members through chapter events and meetings. Good or bad it has worked pretty well for 35 years. I was told several years back by NACHI that they had very few individuals who could produce CE for chapters and that is why they were doing it on a national level. They also do not have the strong chapter network that ASHI has, so this has a great deal to do with it as well.

It is a model that many think is outdated and that ASHI national should be the one providing the bulk of the education. With ASHI Education Inc, I think we will see more regional and national programs being offered. Will they be free? I seriously doubt they will be free, simply because you have to pay folks for their time, travel and expenses for hold such events.

Personally, I would love to see ASHI HQ getting more involved in the CE for the organization.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com