brianmiller Guest

Default TYPE B - Gray flexible conduit

What's the maximum length for at TYPE B gray flexible conduit. I measured about 8 ' 1/2 " from the Air conditioner to the service equipment panel.

br

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: TYPE B - Gray flexible conduit

I am going to assume you are referring to Liquidtight Flexible Nonmetallic Conduit.
    Type: LFNC-B Which is covered in the NEC article 356 -
    From the 2008 NEC ( I marked in bold type the answer to the question)

356.10 Uses Permitted.

LFNC shall be permitted to be used in exposed or concealed locations for the following purposes:

(1)Where flexibility is required for installation, operation, or maintenance.

(2) Where protection of the contained conductors is required from vapors, liquids, or solids.

(3) For outdoor locations where listed and marked as suitable for the purpose.

(4) For direct burial where listed and marked for the purpose.

(5) Type LFNC-B shall be permitted to be installed in lengths longer than 1.8 m (6 ft) where secured in accordance with 356.30.

(6) Type LFNC-B as a listed manufactured prewired assembly, metric designator 16 through 27 (trade size 1/2 through 1) conduit.

(7) For encasement in concrete where listed for direct

356.30 Securing and Supporting.

Type LFNC-B shall be securely fastened and supported in accordance with one of the following:

(1) Where installed in lengths exceeding 1.8 m (6 ft), the conduit shall be securely fastened at intervals not exceeding 900 mm (3 ft) and within 300 mm (12 in.) on each side of every outlet box, junction box, cabinet, or fitting.

(2) Securing or supporting of the conduit shall not be required where it is fished, installed in lengths not exceeding 900 mm (3 ft) at terminals where flexibility is required, or installed in lengths not exceeding 1.8 m (6 ft) from a luminaire terminal connection for tap conductors to luminaires permitted in 410.117(C).

(3) Horizontal runs of LFNC supported by openings through framing members at intervals not exceeding 900 mm (3 ft) and securely fastened within 300 mm (12 in.) of termination points shall be permitted.

(4) Securing or supporting of LFNC-B shall not be required where installed in lengths not exceeding 1.8 m (6 ft) from the last point where the raceway is securely fastened for connections within an accessible ceiling to luminaire(s) or other equipment.

Last edited by ken horak; 03-14-2010 at 08:54 AM.

brianmiller Guest

Thanks!

bm

Yes, thanks. That's one of those things I remembered wrong the first time and have erred ever since. I have always used 4 feet and 12 inches from receptacle or fixture.

T

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    - Paul Fix