Thread: AFCI neutral

Default AFCI neutral

I think someone posted something similar recently.
    The AFCI neutral shouldn't be routed behind the service conductors like that, right?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Default Re: AFCI neutral

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Roger Frazee Guest

No it shouldn't but I'm not sure of the code violation if any.... branch circuit wiring should be kept outside the wiring guides on each side of the main breaker.

What really gripes me is screwing up the split neutral design on that panel (Siemens?). Had they left things as assembled by the factory and added grounding bars to both sides of the panel all the crossing over could have been eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Frazee View Post
    No it shouldn't but I'm not sure of the code violation if any
    It is a code violation in that the panel (yes, service panel) is not " ... installed and used in accordance with ... " its listing and labeling, which is a violation of 110.3(B) Installation and Use.
    - 110.3 Examination, Identification, Installation, and Use of Equipment.
    - - (B) Installation and Use. Listed or labeled equipment shall be installed and used in accordance with any instructions included in the listing or labeling.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Roger Frazee Guest

Thanks Jerry

Funny I mentioned that in my first response as it seemed obvious it was a listing violation then decided I have seen so much of his type of crossover that I'd probably be told there wasn't a violation. So I played it safe .. as you often hear .. never change your mind ......