Default no primer on cemented PVC

Is there any suitable PVC cement that can be reliable without using primer? I found some drain lines that did not have signes of primer being used at the cemented joints.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: no primer on cemented PVC

There is a clear primer, as well as the usual purple.

Quote Originally Posted by John Dirks Jr View Post
    Is there any suitable PVC cement that can be reliable without using primer? I found some drain lines that did not have signes of primer being used at the cemented joints.
    As Scott J., noted you can find a clear primer, but I have never seen it used on residential plumbing. If I do not see the purple primer on the pipe, I report that it looks like a primer was not used when the pipes were joined. I then add verbaige that says the primer insures a good seal between the two sections and the lack of primer can lead to leaks down the road.

If you do not see the purple, you have no way of knowing if a primer was used.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

It may just be a location thing, but in my area, plumbers use it. My house was built in '01 and there is no purple primer on any of the pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Jarvis View Post
    It may just be a location thing, but in my area, plumbers use it. My house was built in '01 and there is no purple primer on any of the pipes.
    Every AHJ that I know wants to see the purple; otherwise how do they know a primer was used?

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com