Thread: Vent pipe

Default Vent pipe

Do you think this Tee coupling is OK? What appear to be blowback stains are just shadows. No CO leaks.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Re: Vent pipe

Question Wayne......how do you know there are no CO leaks?

Streaks indicate something is happening that shoudn't be happening.

No those streaks are shadows in the photo Nick. I did a Co test witha CO meter at all joints and registers at startup and again after warm up.

Cool Re: Vent pipe

Well, at least it goes up and there is at least one strap and a few screws...

I would like to see a draft hood connector used anytime you transition from single walled to B-vent. The vent connectors should be supported in 3 axis and 3 screws for each joint. Here's a test: grab the cool pipe and wiggle it in several axis. Do any joints separate? Does the draft hood pry off the water heater? Most that I inspect, do. I am forever bracing, supporting, and screwing pipe together. I also sometimes have to strap a draft hood down onto the water heater.

I would have liked to see a vertical rise off the WH before offsetting. I love the furnace guys facing the equipment out then having to circle the unit to get to the chimney. That would not matter with Cat. III or IV equipment but natural vented makes me nervous.

Keep the fire in the fireplace.

Yes Bob, I agree with all. With the rise of the water heater vent it is drafting fine but noted in report. Thanks for the comments. Wayne