David McGuire Guest

Default Course completion

Hello everyone, I have been reading the forums and asking questions for about 6 months now off and on.

Today I finally completed my first round of education training. I attended and successfully completed the 80 hour course at Midwest Inspectors Institute. Now on to the next hurdle of taking the ASHI test. I got registered today with Pearson Vue and need to pick a test date for sometime in April. I did well at MII, now I just need to do a little more studying on Electrical, HVAC, EIFS and Stucco before I am ready. I'll test within a month and go on to the next step.

Inspection Referral

Default Re: Course completion

Congratulations David.

I was there also, back in early 2002. Good education and good food.

One of these days I'll have to check around and see how many of my classmates are still in business.

----

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

David McGuire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Erby Crofutt View Post
    Congratulations David.

I was there also, back in early 2002. Good education and good food.

One of these days I'll have to check around and see how many of my classmates are still in business.

----

Hello Erby. Still the same great education and food. Good old Tom is still doing smoked pulled pork on the second day and KC strips the day before the final. Jaunita is still there. He sent us as a class on one mechanical inspection and one whole house inspection. He does a great job of educating ya. Even got me interested in putting in a geothermal heating system at our home.

Even if I don't even make one dime in this business what I learned in that class for that price was well worth what it could save me on my own home maintenance. Until that class I had no idea how an HVAC system worked or the electricity. But I know now and its a real eye opener.

He still allows grads to come back and sit in for free to classes for a refresher anytime of their choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by David McGuire View Post
    Hello everyone, I have been reading the forums and asking questions for about 6 months now off and on.

Today I finally completed my first round of education training. I attended and successfully completed the 80 hour course at Midwest Inspectors Institute. Now on to the next hurdle of taking the ASHI test. I got registered today with Pearson Vue and need to pick a test date for sometime in April. I did well at MII, now I just need to do a little more studying on Electrical, HVAC, EIFS and Stucco before I am ready. I'll test within a month and go on to the next step.
    Hi David, congratulations on finishing your classwork.

As for the test? The only ASHI test is their Standards exam that is given by Pearson VUE. This is not the National Home Inspector Examination (NHIE).

You need to make sure which test you have registered for. If you are taking this test for a state license then you need to take the NHIE.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

David McGuire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Hi David, congratulations on finishing your classwork.

As for the test? The only ASHI test is their Standards exam that is given by Pearson VUE. This is not the National Home Inspector Examination (NHIE).

You need to make sure which test you have registered for. If you are taking this test for a state license then you need to take the NHIE.

Hey Scott thanks for the reminder to make sure I select the right one. Wouldn't be no fun at all to select the wrong one and fork out bucks to take another exam.