Default Water coming from behind siding?

At first glance I thought it was a definite.... but I'm not totally convinced. It had just rained very hard and stopped, and the sun came out and dried things quickly.

Does anyone think it's possible that a lot of water was just hung up on the underside of the upper siding panel? I just can't imagine that much water coming from behind the siding. There was a window above but the caulking was intact and everything seemed find.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Water coming from behind siding?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Fellman View Post
    At first glance I thought it was a definite.... but I'm not totally convinced. It had just rained very hard and stopped, and the sun came out and dried things quickly.

Does anyone think it's possible that a lot of water was just hung up on the underside of the upper siding panel? I just can't imagine that much water coming from behind the siding. There was a window above but the caulking was intact and everything seemed find.
    Really no way to tell from the picture, the water did come from somewhere! What type of siding is that? Is it MDF siding?

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Default Re: Water coming from behind siding?

It's OSB panels.... aka - junk. It's got other problems.... as usual.