Ron Bishop Guest

Default stem wall deterioration

Attached is a pic of a portion of stem wall on a property built in 1992. Only a small portion of stem wall was deteriorated. Can anyone provide me with clues as to what might be causing this deterioration?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: stem wall deterioration

Bad concrete mix would be my guess, but I'm no concrete expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bishop View Post
    Attached is a pic of a portion of stem wall on a property built in 1992. Only a small portion of stem wall was deteriorated. Can anyone provide me with clues as to what might be causing this deterioration?
    Ron,

Could be a lot of things. Unwashed sand was pretty common in older homes. I realize that this is not old, but like Brandon wrote, could be too much water in the mixture, could be improper cement/aggregate mixture.

I wonder if it might be due to freezing before the concrete was fully cured. I do not run into that around here, but Shasta would get cold enough. Maybe someone from a cold climate will chime in.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Ron Bibler Guest

Its from a bad mix Ron. I see form time to time.

I call it out as a cosmetic issue and if the buyer/seller wants more information they should employ a contractor.

Best

Ron.

Looks like you had almost 150 Escrows last month.

How is work holding in Shasta County Ron... Did you ever get in with Mike Rossiter at C&C ? gOOD gUy. (-:

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Ron Bishop Guest

We are hanging in there. Most of the home inspectors are keeping busy inspecting short sales and bank owned properties. We have lost about half of our realtors and inspectors since the economic downturn, just like everywhere else. I have yet to have Mike call me for an inspection, even though I have known him for almost six years. That's ok. How are things in Healdsburg? I miss that town, having lived there in the early 80's.

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bishop View Post
    We are hanging in there. Most of the home inspectors are keeping busy inspecting short sales and bank owned properties. We have lost about half of our realtors and inspectors since the economic downturn, just like everywhere else. I have yet to have Mike call me for an inspection, even though I have known him for almost six years. That's ok. How are things in Healdsburg? I miss that town, having lived there in the early 80's.

If I just did Home Inspection I would die. But with all the Termite and Infrared work I do I'm doing very good and very thank full. I have one guy working for me and I'm very glad to have him. he is a big help...

You keep swinging Ron

Ron Bishop Guest

I am thinking about getting in to infrared thermography next year. It looks like the way to go.

Ron Bibler Guest

Is any one doing it in Redding ?

Best

Ron

Ron Bishop Guest

j\just one inspector

Ron Bibler Guest

How is that working out for him?

Do you know what Camera he has ?

If you get in... Go in big. do not hold back. Look at a FLIR T400
    About $ 13K But worth every penny...

I have a new BX320 Excellent camera.

Do you have any info on the guy and how he doing with IR In your area.

Best

Ron