Default Crazy Home Selller

I've had an HI booked for a week now at a home that the buyers have came in all the way from LA just for the inspection and the sellers decided to 12pm. to cancel the HI at 2pm. cause todays a bad day.

WTF?

This house has been on the market for over 2 yrs. and now they have a possible buyer they cancel the appt. and want to reschedule sometime latter part of next week.

Buyers are a bit pissed.

Rick

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Crazy Home Selller

It is April fool's day, sounds like you found your fool.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Jim,

I've seen many of them lately on other days too.

rick

I guess they can use their trip to find a new house and tell that seller to piss up a rope.

If it weren't for lawyers, we would never need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bombardiere View Post
    I guess they can use their trip to find a new house and tell that seller to piss up a rope.
    That is what I would do. With so many homes on the market it is silly for folks to act like that.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

You never know, could've been a sudden death in the family. Probably not, just saying...

Clarksville Home Inspection
    JW Goad
    TN License #307 | KY License #2402

I had one change days on me this week (plenty of warning thanks very much) because the owners care giver was going on vacation. I wondered out loud who was going to take care of this woman THIS week.

It's set for week after next now. Just got to wonder.

I did fire a client last year for canceling at the last minute (2nd time) and her reason was she just got off work and was tired.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

The inspection I had a couple Saturdays ago which was canceled a few days prior but nobody bothered to tell me about did get rescheduled and took place this week.........for the same fee plus an extra $150 for my troubles. It ended up being a marathon too. Just under 5 hours for a 2,400 sq ft. house. The last minute cancel ended up working out for me because the extra fee made my pay more commensurate with the time spent on the job.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Goad View Post
    You never know, could've been a sudden death in the family. Probably not, just saying...

There better have been a death in the family.....Just saying!

Yes I have run into the occasional ignorant seller that has been sitting on the home forever and call to get the inspection moved by an hour and then that morning it is a couple more hours and then it is put off. That particular one the buyer had another home they were evenly interested in. I did not call to cancel the first inspection after making a new one and inspected the new home for them. The seller actually got my number and thought he was going to tell me a thing or two and tried to blame me for the loss of sale on their home.

Yeah.......................right.