DOUG HOERTH Guest

Default Looking for an inspector in Victoria texas

I have a very good friend moving from Wisconsin to Victoria Texas. He's going to be putting an offer on a home soon. I'm looking for an inspector who works in that area. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Richard Stanley Guest

Default Re: Looking for an inspector in Victoria texas

Al Roden
    I don't have his contact info, but, you can contact him from the members list section of this board. I believe he does home inspectios and pest control inspections.

Nolan Kienitz Guest

RS: Al's license has expired. Looks like he is no longer inspecting.

You can drive up from Corpus??

Raw data can be found at
    Professional Real Estate Inspectors Qualified to Sponsor
    but this is every inspector licensed in Texas. About the only thing you can tell is the comparison of consecutive license numbers. The lower the license number, the longer one has been licensed. Noobies are above 10,000 now.
    I have held my license since 1995 and have #3779.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Jay Hicks Guest

Hey Doug,
    Jim is correct.
    Have him Google home inspectors in Victoria. He will probably get responses from the Richmond /Rosenberg area and from Corpus Christi.
    I've had my license since 2000 and I'm 5332. The numbers usually tell the tale.
    South Coast inspections is in Rosharon. It's the closest to him I know.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Raw data can be found at
    Professional Real Estate Inspectors Qualified to Sponsor
    but this is every inspector licensed in Texas. About the only thing you can tell is the comparison of consecutive license numbers. The lower the license number, the longer one has been licensed. Noobies are above 10,000 now.
    I have held my license since 1995 and have #3779.

Jim

Jim my friend. That may be true to an extent but not always true by any means. A license number only tells one when they got their license in Texas. Some may have decades of experience. Years ago when I moved here the clients calling would ask my number to find out how long was inspecting because Realtors and other inspectors would tell them to do so. That only lasted for a while and seamed to go away altogether.

My license number is 7543 only because I received it in October of 2004 in Texas. It does not mean that is when I started inspecting and it certainly says nothing to my experience. Says nothing of the decades of building. Says nothing of schooling other than you took a course that the state of Texas accepts.

Joe Hanselka
    TREC Lic#: 1166

P.O. Box 5233

Victoria, TX 77903
    Office Phone: 361-576-6429

Richard Stanley Guest

Thanks Nolan.
    Actually I have to be up there Friday morning for a different reason - My wife is judging an art show. I usually don't venture out more than about 50 miles for inspections. I also found something about Al - Enviroco in Victoria - he also has something to do with ranching. Rick, Does he still have his pest control license?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Jim

That may be true to an extent but not always true by any means. A license number only tells one when they got their license in Texas.
    Yes, Ted, it is always true.
    As I said "The lower the license number, the longer one has been licensed. "
    I understand your point and that it may be a sore spot for you, but the license number always indicates how long you have been licensed in Texas. I never said it was an indicator of prior experience or qualifications.
    Kind of like a native Texan thing, there are those that were born here and everyone else. Some Texans are not native but got here just as soon as they could!

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas