Default Question For Brian H.

Brian,

I think most on the board are either HI's or persons wanting to be HI's, but I could be wrong.

Its just seems the board is getting cluttered up with all the "Google" ads throughout the posts.

Why do I need to see another HI advertisement on here, that I believe has never posted or contributed one thing to this board?

Seems like a waste of space. I could see things related to education, tools, programs and etc, but another HI? Don't get it.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rick Hurst; 07-02-2007 at 11:34 AM.
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Question For Brian H.

WTHeck, it even showed up on the post on this same subject.

Richard Rushing Guest

New inspectors too. I like the one about 'Crane & Hoist Inspection'...

RR

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Personally, I have pay-per-click ads on Google that appear on this site that I wish would not. Anybody looking for an HI most likely will not be cruising these boards. Therefore, any clicks on the ads that appear here are mostly from other HIs who want to check out other HIs' sites. This will happen regardless of where the ad appears but I don't see the wisdom in having these PPC ads appear on this site. I can only assume it helps Brian's site in some way.

Nick, you can turn off the ads that appear on websites like IN by going into the google PPC controls. If you are like me, you only want your ad to show up when someone searches for your keywords.
    I am pretty sure Brian has no control over the ad content that appears other than on or off. And since it is an income stream to offset the cost of keeping this board free, you Go Brian.
    Jim

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Thanks for the info Jim. I am definitely going to follow your advice.

Thumbs up Re: Question For Brian H.

Hi Rick,

I hope you and everyone else had a great weekend.

The google ads "try" to be relevant to the content on the page.

If you look in threads in the roofing or plumbing or other specific sections you will see that google tries to pull up related information. In the General Chit Chat or with non specific post is just sees stuff about home inspection and serves up those links.

Periodically I do add the inspectors sites to the "don't show list" but this is an on going process as more and more inspectors use google ads.

As far as
    Its just seems the board is getting cluttered up with all the "Google" ads throughout the posts.
    It hasn't changed. They only appear after the first post and the last post in a thread (or once more if there is over 25 replies to one thread).

Since this process helps to keep the board free I would hope that people would like to follow through on some of the links that are relevant to the thread.

It's always a work in progress and one option down the road may allow you to turn off the ads with a donation to the board. We'll see.

A big thanks to all of you who post regularly and the many many others who just come in to read.

Please let the sponsors know you see their banners here and follow through on some of the relevant links.

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews