Thread: Statistics

Jim Dull Guest

Default Statistics

Does anyone know where I can get some statistics on injuries or deaths of Home Inspectors while doing their job? I'm doing a presentation at my BNI group and though it might more fully describe the profession. Thanks.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Statistics

I doubt you will find anything reliable out there on that issue. There are just too few inspectors in the grand scheme of things and the profession (as a stand alone industry) is just too young.

This is likely going to fall in line with the old saying that goes something like this...

"When one man dies its a tragedy...when a million men die its a statistic."

Charles Sessums Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dull View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get some statistics on injuries or deaths of Home Inspectors while doing their job? I'm doing a presentation at my BNI group and though it might more fully describe the profession. Thanks.
    Not what you asked for but this is a quote I reference. Your milage may vary.

“A home inspection is a high-liability, in-depth, multi-disciplined technical analysis of the home conducted under adverse circumstances in front of a demanding audience, requiring the generation of an incredibly detailed written report prepared in an unrealistically short time frame for an inconceivably low fee.” Does anyone understand how tough our life is? ...........Alan Carson

Charles Sessums Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dull View Post
    Not what you asked for but this is a quote I reference. Your mileage may vary.

“A home inspection is a high-liability, in-depth, multi-disciplined technical analysis of the home conducted under adverse circumstances in front of a demanding audience, requiring the generation of an incredibly detailed written report prepared in an unrealistically short time frame for an inconceivably low fee.” Does anyone understand how tough our life is? ...........Alan Carson

Joe Nernberg Guest

Cool Re: Statistics

This is the only job that may reduce the amount of referrals as you increase your amount of intelligence.

"I never killed a man, but I have enjoyed several obituaries." Source Unknowm

Check with a workman's comp or life insurance company... there isn't a statistic that insurance companies don't have.

When I was getting life insurance once the lady punching numbers into the computer told me that I was in 'the lowest catagory' when I told her what I did for a living. I didn't really inquire much about what that meant or what the qualifications were but it has always made me feel pretty good.

It's not like we're hanging off of buildings all day over shark infested waters.

Richard Moore Guest

It's not like we're hanging off of buildings all day over shark infested waters.
    Well...not all day!

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

I have only heard of one death since I started back in 1995. The person fell of a ladder, I think. I know of several injuries.

You might want to contact JD Grewell, Silversprings MD. jdgrewell@aol.com For some reason I think it was up in his area. JD has been inspecting for about 30+ years.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

I wouldn't say our job is inhernetly hazardous. Only if you aren't careful, don't pay attention to what your are doing, or elect to take unnecessary risks. Than anything is hazardous. Take precautions, remember where you are at all times, think about what your are doing.

A couple years ago (10/2004) a County Inspector stepped back off a second floor landing and was killed here in Knoxville. I don't know of any home inspectors that have died on the job.
    JF