Default Drains not connected to septic system

Yesterdays inspection was an older home on a septic system. Several of the drains were routed to concrete drain boxes at exterior. No sure where the water was going to, most likely old gray water drain fields/drywells. Just like to find out how other inspectors describe conditions like this. Besides saying the plumbing system is deteriorated and needs replaced, which it does.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Drains not connected to septic system

Quote Originally Posted by Trent Tarter View Post
    . Just like to find out how other inspectors describe conditions like this. .
    Don't Fall in Them Big Open Holes Out There.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent Tarter View Post
    most likely old gray water drain fields/drywells. Just like to find out how other inspectors describe conditions like this.
    I call that a stinky pit.

Grey water systems are taboo in most places. They can contaminate groundwater.
    Out in the sticks, it's a good way to keep the septic tank healthy, no greasy soap stink in the septic.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

James Duffin Guest

I would describe what I saw and then state the system needs to be evaluated and repaired by a qualified septic system contractor.

Daniel Leung Guest

Smile Re: Drains not connected to septic system

These are not considered septic system distribution boxes. I am familiar with septic system design. I pretty much just state what I find and recommend further review by a qualified plumber/septic tank contractor. With old and deteriorated cast iron drains and galvanized supply pipes the home needs all plumbing replaced. Other problems were leaking galvanized pipes over service equipment! Supply and drain pipes routed through ductwork! Oh yea and a ton of cat sh!t in the basement.