Default One of the more interesting things I have seen

Inspecting a Texas farm house built in 1925......Just needs a little fixin up....

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: One of the more interesting things I have seen

That looks like a mid-20's Model T. Chances are, it hauled the lumber for the new house.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Ron Bibler Guest

Thanks fore posting that Gene... Very cool...

Best

Ron

chris mcintyre Guest

Great pictures Gene! I have set the second pic as my desktop background.........is that OK ?

Chris, Glad you liked them. Email me at gene.south@tx.rr.com and I will email you the high resolution version so you can have a much better and clearer pic than the one on the board.

Gene

This one was obviously garage-kept for most of its life. Unfortunately, after the owner passed on, someone thought it would make a cool lawn ornament. She had already been outside for over a year when I did this inspection.

There's a happy ending. About a week after this inspection, I saw her going by on a trailer. Somebody scored a project.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    www.allsafehome.ca

Hey John I am not an expert but I think that is a newer model, I think it may have been called a "Model A", the model that came after the Model T.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene South View Post
    Hey John I am not an expert but I think that is a newer model, I think it may have been called a "Model A", the model that came after the Model T.
    It is a Model T, one of a bunch of different body styles. Your truck cab is kind of rare.
    The Model A came out in 1928 with a redesigned grille that has a little widow's peak, and wire spoke wheels, I think, although wire spokes may have been an option on the T as well. That is a big reason for keeping the Model T under cover, to keep the wheels and body framework from rotting.

Yours had better luck being down in sunny Texas. Looks like the rubber rotted away but the oak spokes are surviving.

www.allsafehome.ca