Thread: Cutler Hammer

mathew stouffer Guest

Default Cutler Hammer

Are these rated for double tapping? It indicates 2 pole breaker, but I was not aware of any wafer breakres rated for double tapping. TGIF

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Cutler Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by mathew stouffer View Post
    Are these rated for double tapping? It indicates 2 pole breaker, but I was not aware of any wafer breakres rated for double tapping. TGIF
    The way I determine this is I don't see it on the panel specs, is checking if the wire connector has two slots, one on each side of the screw.
    If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Quote Originally Posted by mathew stouffer View Post
    I've only read this in someones post somewhere, so cannot verify.
    Double-tappable Cutler breakers are type CH. Those are not. Sorry in advance if this info is wrong.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

The catalog indicates that a single wire is permitted. The information available for the circuit breaker should be used to make the determination as new breaker models may have been marketed since the info in the panel was printed.

For the most part, none of the 1 inch plug on breakers found in resi use are rated for more than a single wire.