JasonBourne Guest

Default Issues with supports in crawlspace - how serious are these?

Had an inspection done yesterday. The inspector was not very forthcoming on how serious the support issues he discovered in the crawlspace are. Basically the support piers were either not places correctly (please see the picture below) and in one case there were support pillar like structures in the center of the crawlspace which did not actually support the house (there was a 6 inch gap between the pillars and the house).

Could you help me figure out how serious these issues are, how hard they are to fix and how much it would cost?

Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Issues with supports in crawlspace - how serious are these?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBourne View Post

Could you help me figure out how serious these issues are, how hard they are to fix and how much it would cost?

Thanks

.Where are You Guys That Give Cost Estimates ?
    Jason,

Contact a Competent Qualified Contractor to Give You Repair Methods and Quote.
    * Limited Pictures will not provide enough information to answer these questions.
    Span, Load, Footings, Access to Work Areas, Location of Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, Site Conditions, Crawl Space Reconstruction after Repairs to Name a Few.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

chris mcintyre Guest

Can't tell much from those pictures or description. As far as how hard they are to fix and how much it would cost, that is impossible to know from a few pictures, there are many factors that need to be assessed on site.

I can tell you that I do a lot of (free) estimates based on home inspection reports, then the buyers and seller can negotiate who will pay for the repairs. If you do not know any builders in the area, your realtor should be able to give you the names of a few that would be willing to give you an estimate, this is the only way to know the true extent of the problem and the cost for repairs.

Jason Bourne? Is this a joke? What is your real identity?

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    Jason Bourne? Is this a joke? What is your real identity?
    He was Bourne with an identity problem, seems someone stole his memory and you had better not get in his way trying to get it back.

Having the photos in the post like that makes them and the post harder to read than simply posting them the normal way and making them attachments ... ... BUT the REAL "Jason Bourne" would have known that, and where you are and that you look tired, you need some rest ...

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ok now I'm suspicious. 2nd post with the same premise using a fake name. There's more going on here than being said. Attorney looking for ammo against in HI?
    As far as how serious is it, who knows. Lack of proper structural support is always serious. Since we have no idea what the loads are, we have no idea how serious the situation might be.
    Call a contractor or engineer to properly assess and repair.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"