Thread: New Member

Douglas Grether Guest

Default New Member

My name is Doug Grether. This is my second time around in the inspection business. I am also a Realtor. The two go hand in hand as long as you don't have a conflict of interest. I had to give up on the business a few years ago, because my full time job hours were so eratic, I couldn't schedule to please my customers. Now, I am an independent contractor, and I am going to make a go of it again. As a real estate agent, I know that we are recommending inspections more often.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Ron Bibler Guest

Default Re: New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Grether View Post
    My name is Doug Grether. This is my second time around in the inspection business. I am also a Realtor. The two go hand in hand as long as you don't have a conflict of interest. I had to give up on the business a few years ago, because my full time job hours were so eratic, I couldn't schedule to please my customers. Now, I am an independent contractor, and I am going to make a go of it again. As a real estate agent, I know that we are recommending inspections more often.
    Welcome Doug....

Jump in and be apart of the board.... always need another guy around...

But as a Real Estate agent some of us think you should not recommend inspectors because we see it that you do have conflict going on.
    What an inspector puts on his report will have an effect on the sale of that home if completes escrow or not...

We have a post going called ( Zinsco better then any new panel ) So if we have an inspector that say to a buyer on his report the old Zinsco panels are better then any new panel He is going to have an effect on the sale. Let say the cost for a new panel on a 1,500 S,Q, Feet home along with a complete inspection of every out let and switch in the home. by a Licensed contractor will cost $ 4,500.00. along with a new roof $ 7,500.00 and $ 2,000.00 for the termites. and lets chuck in a few windows and doors and a new HVAC system. but the buyer and seller do not have enough to cover all this. If we had a soft inspector that has no problems with the ZINSCO panel and the roof can make a few more years. and the HVAC system just needs a tune up.

Its Monday ... Welcome to the board...

Hold on it just gets better from hear on out. Iron sharpening Iron...

Best

Ron