Brian T Bennett Guest

Default New Inspector needs advice on HI Software

Hello gentlemen (and ladies where applicable)
    First posting bear with me.

I just passed the CT state HI exams and am starting out on my own.

I have been reading along here and know there are many smart guys out there who share some great advice. I could use a little at present.

I am looking to purchase home inspection sofware, but I dont want anything too complicated as I will be stuck with what ever I purchase for a long time.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Bob Garza Guest

Default Re: New Inspector needs advice on HI Software

I've been using Home Gauge for five years now.

I just recently purchased my own license from them.

Very easy to use and the staff is great.

Good luck.

You can get samples or fully functional software for evaluation from all the major vendors (and there are only a handful).

Try the bunch of them out and remember you'll be using it for a long time, so invest wisely.

Dom.

David McGuire Guest

I use 3D Elite and like it a lot. It sure prints out a very nice detailed report. Easy to update and add to, import pictures, invoicing and more.

Chris Guido Guest

I use Whisper Reporter. I have tried 3 different softwares and this is the one I like best. You can get a free 30 day trail. Hope this helps... I have been using it for 3 years now and the support is great.

I started using Inspect Now and hated it. It took for ever to do the reports, Difficult to modify and the tech support was poor. I recently switched to Home Gauge and could'nt be happier. They have a very good program. Check it out

Reggie Russell Guest

I echo Bill on the Inspect Now software. Stay far away from it. Very far away. Unfortunately for me. I can't afford to spend $700 to $1,000 on another inspection program, so I have made my own template using Word. It takes longer to do reports this way, but right now it is the best I can do. Using Inspect Now again is not an option. It is that bad. The inspection school I went to promoted it, that is the only reason I bought it. I didn't know any better at the time. Live and learn.