Thread: Groundhog door?

Default Groundhog door?

OK, I have looked at a few homes over my 15 years in this profession. What I found today is one of the funnest things I have ever seen at a home. The crawlspace door had a doggie door in it at this home! Yep, a doggie door was installed in the crawlspace door.

The owner was home so I just had to ask her why? This is exactly what she said; "Well, you see weez haz a big ole Groundhog that would not stayz outs of the crawlspace. That big ole critter kept chawing the door so it could gets in. Dats why weez puts that door on."

That little critter had torn every piece of insulation off the ductwork and had dug holes large enough to get my truck stuck in.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

chris mcintyre Guest

Default Re: Groundhog door?

If you go back on February 2nd and Tennessee Phil sees his shadow.....Oh wait, Phil is no longer in Tennessee. (an attempt at football humor)

That's hilarious.
    If you can't beat 'em, install a door for 'em!

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

This actually sounds like an answer to the old "You know you're a redneck when ...".

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Shawn Price Guest

Groundhog tastes like chicken. That would be my solution.

Philip Guest

Groundhog does not taste like chicken. Groundhog tastes like...groundhog.

Shawn Price Guest

Well, I have a cousin in WV that thinks it is better than chicken. She was at my Grandma's house years ago and she couldn't stand chicken. I had shot a groundhog that morning and my Grandma fried it up and the legs resembled drumsticks once cooked. My cousin and her husband dropped in and like you always do in the country, you sit down and have a bite to eat when food is being served, so they joined us. My cousin picked up a drumstick, took a bite and exclaimed "this is the best chicken I've ever had!" When her husband told her it wasn't chicken, that it was groundhog, she made a quick exit out the front door and around to the back of the house.

Boy do I miss the good ole days when spending summer vacation in the hills of West Virginia!

Philip Guest

Smile Re: Groundhog door?

I grew up in WV where hunting was a way of life. My grandmother had one rule, if you killed it and brought it home, she would cook it. But you had to eat it. I think your cousin was duped, and he was really eating chicken. Groundhog has a dark greasy taste, and one uncle said he could not get the taste out of his mouth for months.

Shawn Price Guest

No, it really was groundhog because I'm the one who drug it home at a ripe old age of 10 and helped clean it. Her problem is that she was a city-slicker, because she lived in Clarksburg. LOL!

Philip Guest

Smile Re: Groundhog door?

Shawn,
    You were ten years old. Your grandmother is laughing her head off in heaven how she had such a good time with her grandchildren, having one of them thinking she was frying up his kill, and a granddaughter learning she had eaten it. My grandmother, never out of the state of WV except to KY and Oh, had the same sense of humor.