Thread: Ted in Hospital

Default Ted in Hospital

Just wanted to let everyone know that Ted Menelly is in the hospital. He had an appendix infection and had it removed Sunday. He is on pain meds and antibiotics and should get out soon.
    He's been sending customers my way and I hope to repay him soon.
    Here's to a quick recovery.

Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Ted in Hospital

Yes, Ted, get well soon ... okay, maybe give it a few more days and let this board enjoy the pleasantries while they last ...

Sorry ... couldn't resist. Yeah, pity those nurses.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery Ted.

Get well soon. Kent, I hope you get to repay him for the right reasons, not because you're laid up as well.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Ted M,

Best wishes for a quick full and uncomplicated recovery.

In the interim, you will be missed.

KK: Thanks for the heads up. Please keep us posted.

H.G.

"Appendix infection" thats scarry! I've still got mine as well. I thought there was vaccine or pill or somthing for that.... Get well soon Ted

The beatings will continue until morale has improved. mgt.

Get well soon Ted. I done some Googling and this is what I've found on the subject.

Sounds like your in trouble.

What Causes Appendicitis?

Appendicitis occurs when the appendix becomes blocked, often by stool, a foreign body, or from excess masturbation. Blockage may also occur from infection, since the appendix swells in response to any infection in the body.

Yuck appendix, I had that one taken out years ago, no fun. Seeing staples in my gut was a little disturbing.
    Hope you get well soon Ted. There's always another day to play on IN.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Appendicitis occurs when the appendix becomes blocked, often by stool
    Or as the dyslexic read it;
    Appendicitis occurs when the appendix becomes blocked, often by tools.

Get well soon Ted. Don't pay any attention to Rick, thats just the way he rolls.

Ted
    Get well soon, we all look forward to you returning.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Ted Menelly Guest

Thanks to all. I am literally sneeking on the hospitals internet with the nurses computer in my6 room. Haven't got bagged......yet.

Rotting Apendix and perferated bowl. Nasty, nasty, nasty. I should be another few days in here. I was operated on last Sunday. Yeah yeah, I know, I had to pay someone to tell me I was full of Sh$$

Thanks to all once again. I will be back soon with a vengence.....well, at least good entertainment.

Gotta go before the nurse comes back.

Hope you get well soon, and I hope this teaches you to lay off that cheap rot gut whisky. Only the single barrel stuff for you now!

Get well.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Thanks to all. I am literally sneeking on the hospitals internet with the nurses computer in my6 room. Haven't got bagged......yet.

Rotting Apendix and perferated bowl. Nasty, nasty, nasty. I should be another few days in here. I was operated on last Sunday. Yeah yeah, I know, I had to pay someone to tell me I was full of Sh$$

Thanks to all once again. I will be back soon with a vengence.....well, at least good entertainment.

Gotta go before the nurse comes back.

Ted,

You know your old when your hitting on the nurses computer and not the nurse. Get well soon.

rick

Can you believe this? The guy is in the hospital, possibly with peritonitis and he has to have his IN fix. Too funny.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    Can you believe this? The guy is in the hospital, possibly with peritonitis and he has to have his IN fix. Too funny.
    How Else Is He Going to Post His Rebuttals ?
    * This to Shall Pass Ted.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

ted

good luck i suggest switching hands next time at least once a week. so your ying yang thinks it's somebody else. this will prevent stopage. and please please write a thread when you are the highest on the drugs. get well soon and good luck

cvf

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Ted,

You know your old when your hitting on the nurses computer and not the nurse. Get well soon.

rick
    Cute one, but its not necessarily an either/or situation. One does not necessarily exclude the other, in fact (and speaking from experience ) a good way to get access if you're without your own, IS to hit on 'em, charm them, then send them to a special task/favor which will just take "a moment" ... lap top/palm left unguarded and wi-fi/G-3/-4 access for the quick fix. Trick is to finish and be back in place with an innocent looking face and another double entendre ready to fire before they return .

When you're passing gas freely that's usually when they send you home - ironic isn't it? Hard to be charming enough to overcome first post-operative emmissions (attar of roses it ain't), but music to the ears of patients and surgeons.

TM strikes me as a decent multi-tasker, "fire in the hole" and Godspeed!!!

Ted Menelly Guest

Sad thing happened today. I had not seen my day nurse for a while. She came thru to make her rounds and she was literaly falling out of it. She was so high she could barely talk and was waving all over. I needed a piece of tape to hold the medication lines down on my arm. She asked me where I wanted her to put it.

This is so so true and the saddest yet. I pointed to the tube where I wanted the tape steadying her.......She taped my finger to my arm. Folks...no one can make up crap like that. I called the charge nurse in. They immediately took her in a room and did a blood test on her and gone she was.

Sad day today folks. A woman with two young children and a 60,000 a year nursing job and because of me she now has no job (yeah I know, it was her own doing), but man do I feel like crap.

I have learned a tremendous amount of humiliation in here and will hold it for life.

Have a good evening folks and I'll harrass you soon.

Trust me this is bordem at its worse.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Don't blame yourself Ted. The nurse did it to herself. Thankfully you were lucid and knew she was in no condition to care for patients. Who knows what would have happened to other patients she got to after you.

Get well soon.

How's the hospital food?

Ted,

Don't feel bad for what you did. If a nurse is abusing drugs she needs to be out there.

She could have easily given you or someone else the wrong medication which could cost a life.

You did the right thing.

Now, let one rip so they can send you home.

rick

Ted, maybe this true story will cheer you up.

A buddy from work was at a weekend wedding party, feeling a bit pekid, then got a terrible gut-ache, so bad a friend took him to emergency at the local hospital. The diagnosis was, you guessed it, appendicitis, and it was acute. They trundled him straight into the OR, the surgeon ran in and started slicing and dicing.
    Then while he's in the OR, his sister arrives in emergency, same symptoms. The diagnosis? Bad potato salad. They just sent her home with a laxative.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Nolan Kienitz Guest

TM - Isn't this a bit much just to get attention or momentarily change focus?

Damn ... you don't mess around !!!

Bottom line ... take care of yourself and do what the stable medical staff advises and get back among us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Heck Ted any of us could have told you that for a lot less money

Get well quick.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Ted, get well soon-then back to work! Nurse made her own choices and gets to live with them. I wonder if she treated anyone before you and why they wouldn't say anything.

No comments about:
    Appendicitis occurs when the appendix becomes blocked, often by stool, a foreign body, or from excess masturbation. Blockage may also occur from infection, since the appendix swells in response to any infection in the body.
    I'm am truly surprized!

If a man empties his purse into his head no one can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest
    Benjamin Franklin

Ron Bibler Guest

Hey Ted... Dude Get well buddy... This is no time to be hanging around the Hospital...

Best

Ron

Ted Menelly Guest

Well, out only after 7 days. A quick appendix removal....2 days.

They scared me or should I say I got scared on Thursday evening when I could barely breath. Friday morning they were in my room with an xray machine and then a leg scanning machine, a arterial blood oxygen test, five tubes of blood, another contrast cat scan of the chest and then one of the abdomen. It turned out to be that you just cannot pump 4 to 5 liters of fluid a day for five days into ones blood stream before the system just starts depositing the fluid all over your body because it cannot process it fast enough. The lung tissue swelled with fluid and was strangling me.

They countered that with lasic shots to suck all that excess water from all those pockets. The kidneys expanded so quickly it felt as thought they were bursting. They had to give me morphine just to kill the screaming pain and relax the kidneys enough to let the mass amount of fluid exit the body.

Abdominal pain????????? Don't wait. Go to the doctors and if they cannot resolve it go directly to the emergency room. When you get there do not just let them do the same as the doctors office, blood work, urine work and an xray. Have it followed thru with a cat scan of the abdomen. From the time I had my first screaming abdominal pain until I finally went back, for the second time, to the emergency room was was a week ago Monday until a week ago today. I had so much crap and poison in my system that if it went on for another day I either would not be around anymore or would be missing more internal organs and a lengthier hospital stay.

Perforated appendix is no joke. A perforated appendix for almost a week with your colon leaking into your abdominal cavity and your appendix poisoning it can and just may kill you.

You folks are darn lucky I have a strong constitution and now I can continue to harass you

Last edited by Ted Menelly; 05-23-2010 at 03:27 PM.

Ted, Glad your back. Appendix is no laughing matter (till your better, then we can take pot shots Mr Grand father died from this and was buried the day I was born. Granted, that was a long time ago and medical science has come a long way but it can still kill. Glad you dogged the bullet.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Glad you made it out alive. Between your customers and mine, I'm whipped.....so get back to work!

so ted

goes to show you the old saying, " your full of it" is really a true statement at times. get well quickly

cvf

First full of $hit then Pus, then full of Pi$$ and Vinegar.Glad to hear you're still full of something, welcome back.Sorry to learn about the CHF complications. Someone wasn't watching your "Ins and Outs". BTDT its a bummer.One day at a time, don't get stressed when those CT bills come through, everything these days is negotiable.

ted,
    welcome back and hope you have a speedy recovery. i walked around with a ruptured appendix for 3 days and finally saw a doctor. was in surgery 1 hour later and woke up with my catholic priest standing over me wanting to give me the last rites! i declined 7 days in the hospital and many antibiotics later i was released to go home. loved the staples and 10" scar for my efforts. take it slow because i remember extreme abominable abdominal pain trying to walk and move for the first few weeks. good luck!

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brian schmitt View Post
    ted,
    welcome back and hope you have a speedy recovery. i walked around with a ruptured appendix for 3 days and finally saw a doctor. was in surgery 1 hour later and woke up with my catholic priest standing over me wanting to give me the last rites! i declined 7 days in the hospital and many antibiotics later i was released to go home. loved the staples and 10" scar for my efforts. take it slow because i remember extreme abominable abdominal pain trying to walk and move for the first few weeks. good luck!
    Only one that has gone thru exactly that can know the true experience. I guess it would be equal to being shot in the gut.

Thank God for private rooms. Of course I did not ask for one but the Doctor thought I was well bad enough off to warrant one with no disturbance. Yep, all cost a small fortune. From Sunday morning to mid day Monday was 12,000.00. Now add a barrage of blood, urine, xrays, cat scans, morphine, norco, fluids, private room, legs scans etc etc etc and 5 more days in that private room.........You don't want to know. I am in negotiating mode right now.

Ted haven't been on the forum in awhile, glad to see your okay!

Mike Schulz License 393
    Affordable Home Inspections
    www.houseinspections.com