C.Johnson Guest

Default Starting New Inspection Business/ Any Advise?

Hello! everyone, i just joined InspectionNews. I am in the process of starting up my Home Inspection business. Any advise on insurance and advertiseing? I'm working on my website and have business cards and brochures, any advise would be well recieved..THANKS!

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Starting New Inspection Business/ Any Advise?

Try checking out the forum dedicated to that topic...

http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...al-inspectors/

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

There is a ton of information here on building your business. Ignore print and phone book advertising. Focus on getting your website to rank high for the town/cities you are serving. Its called Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Google it and learn about it. its the best investment you can make.

Go to open houses and meet the local Realtors. Bring goodies. Spend 5 mins. unless they encourage you to stay. Find a Realtor to mentor you

//Rick

Rick Bunzel
    WWW.PacCrestInspections.com
    360-588-6956

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bunzel View Post
    There is a ton of information here on building your business. Ignore print and phone book advertising. Focus on getting your website to rank high for the town/cities you are serving. Its called Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Google it and learn about it. its the best investment you can make.

Go to open houses and meet the local Realtors. Bring goodies. Spend 5 mins. unless they encourage you to stay. Find a Realtor to mentor you

//Rick

C. Johnson,

Everything Rick B. stated about getting your website up and running I agree a 100%.

The part about the realtors I personally don't do. I'd rather take that time and money spent on donuts and crap and put it into meeting buyers. After all, you can meet all the agents in the world but if you do your job right most of them will get upset with you and call the next newbie that just left a fresh donut on their desk.

Look for buyers not agents. I have great results just contacting the sellers of homes. If they are selling most of them are buying somewhere in the area nearby. Works for me and I don't waste my time and money into cards and brochures filling up the trash cans at the realtor offices.

rick

C.Johnson Guest

Thankyou all for the advise. I can see where all comments are coming from, I think maybe I'll start out with a combo of both. The main reason i have the cards and brochures is to leave with the sellers of inspections i do for buyers cause like you said they are buyers too.

David McGuire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    C. Johnson,

Everything Rick B. stated about getting your website up and running I agree a 100%.

The part about the realtors I personally don't do. I'd rather take that time and money spent on donuts and crap and put it into meeting buyers. After all, you can meet all the agents in the world but if you do your job right most of them will get upset with you and call the next newbie that just left a fresh donut on their desk.

Look for buyers not agents. I have great results just contacting the sellers of homes. If they are selling most of them are buying somewhere in the area nearby. Works for me and I don't waste my time and money into cards and brochures filling up the trash cans at the realtor offices.

rick
    My sentiments exactly. Forget the realtors, they don't like us anyhow. I print up flyers once a month and since I am in a small rural area I just send copies out to every adress where a house is for sale. Its cheap and effective. Every other month I'll check surrounding counties and select 30 or so homes in each county and do the same. If they are selling, most of the time they are buying something else.

Others things, be honest and do a complete job. Ask questions, lots of them to other inspectors and even manufactures of materials in homes. This business has a learning curve and most will tell ya every day is something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    C. Johnson,

rick
    Exactly what Rick said, and, give extra biz cards to your clients to pass along. I have had more than a few sellers on the receiving end of one of my inspections that have called upon me instead of their "Agent's Buddy."

and don't forget to tell your clients you live off referrals and you'd appreciate them referring them to anyone who may be buying a home or selling a home.

I always tell them that everyone knows someone who is probably moving or going to be buying a home, so to keep me in mind when the subject comes up.
    You'd be surprised how many will do this if only you ask.

rick