Default Support required for supply lines?

See pic of plumbing under a bathroom sink in a 2-yr old condo. Doesn't look right to me, but it must have been cleared by local AHJ.

I didn't measure the length of the water supply lines, but it has to be 3 to 4 feet from the shut off valves to the fixture. Reviewed what I have for PEX install guides, but they refer more to supports inside walls or along joists (one guide wants support every 32").

Anyone have anything to back up my recommendation for repair?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Adam Cole Guest

Default Re: Support required for supply lines?

Report it as a "Discretionary Improvement" and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Cole View Post
    Report it as a "Discretionary Improvement" and call it a day.
    Adam,

Why?

First, it is not an "improvement", it is a "correction" of incompetent work.

Second, it is not "discretionary", it is "necessary" to make that installation comply with the requirements for that installation.

If your reports include those types of items, I agree that *you* should just "call it a day" and let someone else inspect for your clients, someone who is looking out after their clients, not the seller or agent.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

James Duffin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Beck View Post
    See pic of plumbing under a bathroom sink in a 2-yr old condo. Doesn't look right to me, but it must have been cleared by local AHJ.

I didn't measure the length of the water supply lines, but it has to be 3 to 4 feet from the shut off valves to the fixture. Reviewed what I have for PEX install guides, but they refer more to supports inside walls or along joists (one guide wants support every 32").

Anyone have anything to back up my recommendation for repair?
    I would say that the supply lines are subject to damage due to the location and need to be protected.