Default Big brother is watching

Local News | Eye in sky finds illegal Pierce County buildings | Seattle Times Newspaper

Had to figure this was coming with all the popularity of satellite photos and cities looking for permit revenue.

It's a bit sad.... I don't know how I'll be entertained on inspections if people stop building un-permited sheds, patio covers and outbuildings

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Big brother is watching

The official reason may be they are doing this "for public safety" but the real reason is:

It's expected to bring the county $310,000 in revenue this year.

"Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

Default Re: Big brother is watching

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Breedlove View Post
    The official reason may be they are doing this "for public safety" but the real reason is:
    You are correct Bruce - it's a revenue generator just like the red light traffic cams we have here in Pierce County too. But this isn't nothing compared to the capabilities of The Northwest Multiple Listing Service' "Matrix System." NWMLS is used by realtors It too has satelite imagery - I can pick a city, pick a neighborhood, pick a house and then, see the tax records/info of the person who owns it !!! Owners name, mortgage info, square footage, year built, tax I.D/parcel number, previous owner, etc...

YIKES !!!!