Andre Quarles Guest

Default Principles of Home Inspection, Systems snd Standards

I couldn't figure out which was the best area to post this question; hopefully here is OK.

Is anyone familiar with both the 1st and 2nd editions of this book? I have to take a class that requires the 2nd edition but I already own the first edition from a class I took a few years back. I'm wondering if the difference in the two books is significant enough for me to purchase the second edition. If anyone is familiar with both editions, I would be glad to hear from you. Thanks.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Roger Hankey Guest

Default Re: Principles of Home Inspection, Systems snd Standards

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Quarles View Post
    I couldn't figure out which was the best area to post this question; hopefully here is OK.

Is anyone familiar with both the 1st and 2nd editions of this book? I have to take a class that requires the 2nd edition but I already own the first edition from a class I took a few years back. I'm wondering if the difference in the two books is significant enough for me to purchase the second edition. If anyone is familiar with both editions, I would be glad to hear from you. Thanks.
    I recommend you contact Carson Dunlop directly, I'm sure they can explain differences, and perhaps offer additional information.

Andre Quarles Guest

Thank you for your suggestion Mr. Hankey. I'll try that.

Yes there are some relevant updates between the 2 editions to reflect some code changes... but you could probably get by with the older edition.

Craig Kinney Guest

I just took a home inspection class where the instructor had 1st edition and the class had the 2nd edition. The instructor's 1st edition had more content (i.e. more pages, more diagrams, tables) than our 2nd edition had. I believe some of the diagrams that were in the instructor's version were move into the companion book, "The Illustrated Home". Not sure why the publisher removed some of the tables and other content.