Jonathan Cartwright Guest

Default Melted goop in window

Home inspection yesterday has dual glazed vinyl windows and sliding doors. The gray colored sealant? in between the glass panes of the rear sliding door appears to have melted and piled up at the bottom of the door. The remaining sealant in the upper parts of the door has several small cracks in it. Most of the windows around the house had cracks in the sealant but not the melty mess at the bottoms. No visible signs of broken seals were evident at the time. No other signs of window problems were found.

What is this stuff? Is the fact that its no longer where it was in the door/window cause a problem?? Does this affect the thermal resistance of the window assembly???