Default Any help on this.

Just go an email about an electrical inspection i did 2 months ago.
    House built in 1953 completely updated. Lady wanted to move an outlet and called an electrician. He stated he was wary of doing so because the wire wasn't grounded and the circuit box is inadequately wired. I have not been back out yet and am not sure what he meant by inadequately wired. Here is a pic of the box any one spot something i missed.

Am having problem posting pic.

Ok how do you post a pic?

Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Any help on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy White View Post

Ok how do you post a pic?
    Re size pic under the 196k limit. Several Free re sizer programs avabiable Bome's Image Resizer Download - Softpedia

Scroll down to upload photos ( below the Submit Reply) box.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

James Duffin Guest

What is "inadequately wired" in his opinion may be adequate using HI guidelines of the wiring has to meet the code the house was built under. All long as you made your buyer aware that the circuits in the house were not grounded and the correct 2-hole receptacles are installed you should be in good shape.

chris mcintyre Guest

House built in 1953 completely updated.
    When was the house completely updated? I have never done a complete renovation on a 50+ year old house that didn't involve a lot of rewiring (usually a complete upgrade), which means it should have been brought up to current code, which means it should have been inspected.

Lady wanted to move an outlet and called an electrician. He stated he was wary of doing so because the wire wasn't grounded and the circuit box is inadequately wired.
    What kind of electrician was this! If the plumber was wary of moving a receptacle then I would understand.

House built in 1953 completely updated.

He stated he was wary of doing so because the wire wasn't grounded

If the house was "completely updated" but was not "completely re-wired" to replace ungrounded circuits with grounded circuits, then it was *not* "completely updated".

Other than that, if the electrician did actually state "inadequately wired" then the electrician needs to learn to actually state what the problem is. I suspect the electrician stated something more accurately and the client translated it to what they thought was being said.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Still have not figured out how to post pics.
    Resizing not the issue. Is there detailed instructions on posting pics for dummies book i can look at? I have jpeg pics to post.

The house was completely renovated in Feb of this year. All new wiring and City codes inspector passed it off.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas