Michael Musgrave Guest

Default Looking for information from HUD inspectors

I am a home inspector and have just been approved as a HUD inspector and would like some information on the process.

What forms get filled out?
    Where do they go?
    Who pays for the inspection?
    Just looking for general information as to how this whole process works so I don't go into my first one blind.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Michael Musgrave; 06-09-2010 at 09:35 AM.
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Looking for information from HUD inspectors

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Musgrave View Post
    I am a home inspector and have just been approved as a HUD inspector and would like some information on the process.

What forms get filled out?
    Where do they go?
    Who pays for the inspection?
    Just looking for general information as to how this whole process works so I don't go into my first one blind.
    This HUD site will contain just about everything you are asking. HUD FHA Inspectors & 203(k) Consultants

I'm assuming you are talking about HUD/FHA fee paid roster inspectors.
    The mortgage lender is the primary contact and the one who usually request the inspections.

Fees can be paid by the lender or by the builder.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Michael Musgrave Guest

Thank you Scott.
    I have been to that site but the only form I can find for the inspection is a 2 page compliance inspection report. Is there a standard form that is used for the inspection?

Thank you Scott.
    I have been to that site but the only form I can find for the inspection is a 2 page compliance inspection report. Is there a standard form that is used for the inspection?
    Yep, 92051 is the main form you will use for FHA compliance inspections.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Michael Musgrave Guest

Scott
    It looks like you are the only one that is replying to this. I guess I am confused about all of this. I put this on another blog also and got some different info. I have been told that I am only an FHA payed inspector but I was under the understanding when I started the process that it was a HUD/FHA payed inspector. I did not get the HUD 203-K cunsultant.
    Now I am confused as to what inspections I can do or the forms to use for them. I am in Illinois and my ID is N152. I am listed as an FHA payed inspector. If you could help me by clearing things up so that I am on the right path it sure would be helpful. I have been on the website but don't have a lot of time right now to spend looking for things on it. It has really picked up for home inspections here but looking at this to fill some time when it gets slow again.
    Any and all help would be appreciated.

Michael Gantt Guest

There is more than one kind of "HUD inspection."

One kind is the REAC (Real Estate Assessment Center) inspection, conducted according to the UPCS (Uniform Physical Conditions Standards) protocol.

I'm not sure if it is polite to post the link here, so I'll just say that there is a separate forum, unrelated to this one, if you Google "REAC inspectors."

Ra-Shime K. Rivers Guest

Thank you Scott.
    Yes HUD requires that you use form 52580 or 52580-A. One is for Move/In inspections which is a 20 page report. Then there is the annual inspection which is only a 7 page report. From google search you enter: hqs inspection forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-Shime K. Rivers View Post
    Yes HUD requires that you use form 52580 or 52580-A. One is for Move/In inspections which is a 20 page report. Then there is the annual inspection which is only a 7 page report. From google search you enter: hqs inspection forms.
    Those two forms are for public housing inspections or REAC inspections.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Jim Prudhomme Guest

Exclamation Re: Looking for information from HUD inspectors

To keep the doors open around here I took on some work from a national inspection contractor for HUD forclosures. The process was to secure the properties and do winterization. I wanted to let everyone who might be tempted to venture into this area that there is a danger of not getting any money from the company that I took the work orders from. I have been in contact with two other home inspectors who have done the same thing and they too have not been paid. The company is Hark and Moody out of Eden, NC.

They stated early on that their payment terms were as long as the invoice was submitted by the 25th of the month payment would be made that month. Of course I would not typing this if those terms had been met.

So if Hark and Moody contacts you do me a favor and ask them where my 2K is before you agree to do any type of work for them.

Jim Prudhomme

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Prudhomme View Post
    To keep the doors open around here I took on some work from a national inspection contractor for HUD forclosures. The process was to secure the properties and do winterization. I wanted to let everyone who might be tempted to venture into this area that there is a danger of not getting any money from the company that I took the work orders from. I have been in contact with two other home inspectors who have done the same thing and they too have not been paid. The company is Hark and Moody out of Eden, NC.

They stated early on that their payment terms were as long as the invoice was submitted by the 25th of the month payment would be made that month. Of course I would not typing this if those terms had been met.

So if Hark and Moody contacts you do me a favor and ask them where my 2K is before you agree to do any type of work for them.

Jim Prudhomme
    Nothing wrong with paying them a visit. It would not be the first time I added a friendly persuasion to get money from hold outs. Besides, you were at my house all day

So if I understand it Hark and Moody Hark and Moody Government Contractors who do not pay their contractors are not paying their contractors for work that they have done! I bet that the since Hark and Moody has completed the SBA certification training as a procurement company for Federal contracting the SBA would not be very happy with them

I wonder why Hark and Moody are not paying their bills.

Gee I wonder if Google will find this?

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Michael Gantt Guest

They apparently spent your pay on the flashy website and music - that scares the crap out of you if you don't realize how loud your speakers are turned up.

Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

Mitchell Toelle Guest

OMG Lisa....stop it!!!!!

Gary Brennan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Those two forms are for public housing inspections or REAC inspections.
    Right. Those are for what are called "Housing Quality Standards (HQS)" inspections, under their voucher program.

Richard Hamann Guest

Lightbulb Re: Looking for information from HUD inspectors

The Hud 52580-A reports are used for the rent assistance Hud voucher program. There are about 5 versions with slight variations in each to choose from. It is a Hud standard form used across the country. You will be working for a county housing authority (HA), usually located in the major city in that county. The forms are printed off of their computer program. The form is used for; initial, annual, and special inspections depending on the given situation. You will probably also have to do your own inspection scheduling, computer data entry, and deficiency report writing with follow up compliance inspections. Local codes will apply to building components, although the inspection is a much simplified home inspection. All phases are subject to various audit checks for which you will be rated. You will bid on a yearly contract with the housing authority, or hired directly by the housing authority, (more typical in larger cities). Current trend is to require state certified home inspectors. Hope this helps to clarify the HUD HQS type of inpsections. There are various other types of HUD inspections also.
    Good luck,
    Richard Hamann
    S & R Inspections LLC