w. j. Bosch Guest

Default inspection forms

are their standard type bank draw inspection forms/reports available for commercial bank draws ? if so, where available ?

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Matthew Johnson Guest

Default Re: inspection forms

I think most inspection software has those in thier forms databse. I know Home gauge does..

Most banks have their own form they'll want you to follow. Usually 2-3 pages plus pictures. Usually some word or excel document.

Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software & Home Inspection Website Hosting
    Runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad. Import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives!

Post Re: inspection forms

I'd be interested to know if any one has experience with PDF files being changed or edited? I mention that here because most electronic reporting uses PDF format for distribution, from what I have seen.

Randall Aldering GHI BAOM MSM
    Housesmithe Inspection
    www.housesmithe.com

Randy, make sure your PDF's are 128 bit, or better yet 256 bit encrypted. It makes it much harder to edit with Acrobat Pro and a felony as well (thanks to the DMCA). Send me any non encrypted PDF and they're easily editable. Right now a few software programs like ours and Whisper encrypt the PDF's automatically. I haven't seen any others. You can also download free programs from downloads.com that will encrypt files for you. (PrimoPDF will also do this).

Runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad. Import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives!

w. j. Bosch Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Johnson View Post
    I think most inspection software has those in thier forms databse. I know Home gauge does..
    thanks.............home gauge only does residential ?

Post Re: inspection forms

A.D. and Dominic; thanks. It is interesting to note that, just because it is a crime, some people will still engage in unsavory behavior. Apparently, it is just too easy to make problems "go away" - or at least try to - rather than address them head-on!

Randall Aldering GHI BAOM MSM
    Housesmithe Inspection
    www.housesmithe.com

I haven't heard of anyone altering .pdf reports after the fact. Adobe does do a nice job of tracking changes to the document so you can identify who and when changes were made, just in case.
    Keep the original should you need to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kwasnik View Post
    I haven't heard of anyone altering .pdf reports after the fact. Adobe does do a nice job of tracking changes to the document so you can identify who and when changes were made, just in case.
    Keep the original should you need to compare.
    I've seen it happen about a year ago. Because he said vs she said since the client claimed the inspector updated his report. The best thing to do is make it secured, and even use an upload service so you have third party verification.

Yup, and you're also correct about the meta data being able to be changed as well, especially if it's not locked. There's plenty of free tools out there if your software doesn't do it automatically. Guys just need to take advantage of it!

Ted Menelly Guest

Hmm

Essential

Whisper........................................... ...................................

Meta data.................................kind of makes worrying about it fruitless, does it not.

I email the reports to the buyer (or seller) and the buyers agent and myself. Lets see how in sink an agent and buyer could get in changing the report. Ain't gonna happen with the exception of one in millions.

Many agents won't have a copy of the report a year from now when the client complains. Whisper is one of the other programs that always encrypts the PDF's so you're set if you're using their program.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    TM: Even forgiving the lack of an apostrophe (you know, one of those guys Jesus ate with) in "lets", it would be a rather large sink that would hold an agent and a buyer. Perhaps you meant in synch?
    That was all just for you AD. I ate with the apostrophes'ssss last week and Jesus the week before.

D M

AD knows it was meant for him because he knows I use Whisper and I gave him some words to comment on.

Got it

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Maricic View Post
    I've seen it happen about a year ago. Because he said vs she said since the client claimed the inspector updated his report. The best thing to do is make it secured, and even use an upload service so you have third party verification.
    Interesting to hear folks actually went to these lengths to change the meta-data. They would most likely be smart enought to find a crack to break Adobe secure documents as well.
    An upload service would certainly provide an added layer of datatracking to your document and act as a reserve for the original.

w. j. Bosch Guest

Default Re: one of the better report templates

what are the most accepted, popular software report templates ?