Default Marketing Services Agreement

Hi folks,

Just wondering if any inspectors out there are paying ANY fees to a broker/office to assist them with marketing?

I've been asked to help with the marketing at a broker's office. They spend 6 figures a year on advertising, promotion, web, etc. This is not a fee to get inspections, but rather I'm being asked to help the office out. Not mandatory on my part, but this office provides at least 65% of all my inspections.

So far, all the inspector's I've called are not paying anything. And of course there is the ethics, that we are not to pay for inspections or favoritism. The Broker still gives each home buyer a list of at least 3 inspectors, of which I'm one.

thanks for your time.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper
    Dave Hill
    Buyers & Sellers Property Inspections LLC
    WWW.BuyersSellersPi.Com

Default Re: Marketing Services Agreement

Run Forrest Run ... I'll let others who can be more polite about this say more.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Yesterday an agent told me things must be getting tough for us home inspectors. Lately the real estate offices are having to buy their own candy and donuts.
    Instead of delivering goodies the newbys are now offering inspections for 1/2 price..
    Guess if they expect us to pay for their marketing they are seeing some tough times as well.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

I wouldn't even be out of the office and the state would have my license for giving money for what you describe. It basically sounds like they're extorting money from you to keep you on the "preferred" list.

I don't know much about other states' rules but I would hope that is against them..... I suppose if the offices are asking then it must be allowed somewhere.

Go ahead and write them a check. While you are at it, send me one too, and I will put you as my ONLY AZ inspector I refer. :-)

I would probably be polite and tell them that business has been so bad recently that you just can't afford it now. I get asked a few times a year, and always tell them that as much as I would like to, I just can't afford it now.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

That's pathetic.