Default Chicago Seminar on Liability, Lawsuits, etc...

Gentleman,

For $40 this seems like a no brainer; is anyone else interested in going? There are 7 signed up but we would need approx 20-25 to make it happen. I have NO AFFILIATION with this speaker, curious if anyone has taken and maybe the day's material has changed for the better. If this is inappropriate please remove. I have registered. The following is taken from the email I received:

---
    Joe Ferry will present his acclaimed seminar Law and Disorder: Survival Strategies for the Professional Home Inspector in a Litigation Nation at the Hickory Ridge Marriott Conference Hotel, 1195 Summerhill Drive, Lisle, IL 60532 on July 7, 2010 from 6:00 p. m. until 9:00 p. m.

The seminar has been approved by the State of Illinois for 3 CEUs, by InterNACHI for four (4) Continuing Education Credits and by ASHI for four (4) Membership Renewal Credits.

Cost includes a 58 page downloadable Seminar Booklet.

In this seminar, you will learn:

* How our litigious culture manifests itself in the home inspection industry

* What legal rights and remedies you may invoke

* How to establish preemptive defenses

* The three essentials of a winning defense

* The five characteristics of an unmeritorious claim

* The killer defense that will defeat most professional liability claims

* How to handle a claim if you are not insured

* How to handled a claim if you are insured

* How to respond to a demand letter from a client

* How to respond to a demand letter from a lawyer

I am totally committed to fighting the bogus claims that are brought against home inspectors. As those of you who have previously attended the seminar know, I have only seen two meritorious claims in the four years that I have been actively defending them. And I am batting .970 at making the non-meritorious ones disappear with a firm responsive letter to the claimant or his attorney that a. compellingly outlines why the claim will fail and b. assures the claimant of what President Kennedy, in another context, called a "full retaliatory response" following the defeat of the claim.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!

Due to my success in derailing and defeating unmeritorious claims before they develop into full blown lawsuits, I have recently introduced, after hundreds of requests, a pre-paid legal program by which HIs can subscribe to my claim quashing services on an unlimited basis by paying a low monthly fee. Subscribing to the program will also allow you to credit my fee for the intervention against your deductible in the event the claim is not dismissed. Please contact me for more information.

Best,

Joe

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Chicago Seminar on Liability, Lawsuits, etc...

They could make some additional 'fund$' by offering to sell the printed materials to those too far away to attend...but would like the 'info'. A 'video' of the presentation could also garner more fund$. I (for one) would be interested.

Glenn R. Curtis CMI
    La$ Vega$, Nevada
    Inspecting Nevada since 1982

Ted Menelly Guest

"How our litigious culture manifests itself in the home inspection industry"

Hm.....I wonder how it "manifests itself". It gets manifested by everyone talking about it on a continuous basis. It manifests itself by everyone hiding behind a lengthy contracts lawyers dream up telling folks that no matter how bad they, "home inspectors", screw up the client is only going to get 1 to 2 times the home inspection. So in return they say "We will see about that" and then go out for ridiculous figures.

Our litigious culture !

Hm....I wonder how it manifests itself ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you talk about something loud enough and long enough.....it will become true.

It manifests itself through Joe Ferry that's how.

I like the self serving part the best.

Due to my success in derailing and defeating unmeritorious claims before they develop into full blown lawsuits, I have recently introduced, after hundreds of requests, a pre-paid legal program by which HIs can subscribe to my claim quashing services on an unlimited basis by paying a low monthly fee. Subscribing to the program will also allow you to credit my fee for the intervention against your deductible in the event the claim is not dismissed. Please contact me for more information.

Best,

Joe

Leigh Goodman Guest

I attended in Nashville couple years ago. Cost $99 then and I thought it was well worth it.
    Listen carefully and you will learn a few tactics for avoiding claims and a tactic for making a claim go away.
    Raymond,Is not all advertising self serving?

I got an email confirmation From Joe that this is going to happen FOR SURE next week. You need to register if you want IL CE hours.

Joe knows what he is talking about. He is an attorney for Nick G and Nick knows how to pick on folks with nuisance lawsuits.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

I understand Nick has a court judgement against him in California, where was Joe?