Default HUD 92051 Compliance Inspection Report

Another inspector asked me this question.
    I don't have a clue about HUD inspections.
    Can someone help him out?

I told his this is the IN place to get an answer for any question he has.
    Be nice, I'm working on having him become a member

>Subject: HUD 92051 Compliance Inspection Report
    >
    >Hi Dan,
    >
    >The HUD form 92051 has been sent to me by a realtor.
    >
    >He has requested I fill it out. I have not seen this form
    >
    >and am not even sure if I can. Any help you can give me
    >
    >will be greatly appreciated.
    >

>Thanks,

http://www.hud.gov/offices/adm/hudcl...iles/92051.pdf

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper
    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Default Re: HUD 92051 Compliance Inspection Report

Dan,

You need to be an approved Compliance/Fee inspector. I became one about 8 years ago and up to last year didn't get many requests for them. Now with the resurgence of HUD/FHA guaranteed loans we are getting more requests. Most homes are doublewides but some are also single family.

Applying is a pain in bureaucracy, whomever wrote the study guide was paid by the pound and every loan processor likes their wording different. The FHA used to limit the fee to $100 bucks but everyone starting adding travel fees and the FHA realized that there guideline price was unrealistic.

Its not a significant part of our business but it does add to the revenue stream.

//Rick

Rick Bunzel
    WWW.PacCrestInspections.com
    360-588-6956

As Rick said he must be listed on the HUD roster as a fee paid inspector. Inspectors on the roster will have a number assigned to them that they must put on every form otherwise it ain't no good.

Fees are up to the individual inspector, HUD no longer sets fees. Most charge in my area between $150 to $200 for a simple compliance inspection for the 92051 form. It takes about 10-15 min on site and about the same to fill the form out.

If the inspection is for a manufactured home, then you need to get an engineering service involved. I use Welcome to Hayman Residential Engineering Services Inc. for that, I think the fee is around $450 to $600 and the inspector gets around $100-$150 for the referral and taking pictures.

HUD/FHA inspections do not take much time and make good fill-in work.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Larry O'Connor Guest

I applied for this two months ago and recently received a letter. Highlighting...
    The Office of Single Family Housing is in receipt of your application for placement on FHA Inspector Roster. However in accordance with requirements set forth in 24 CFR 200.171...the following documents must be submitted for further consideration:

"Documentation citing minimum of three years hands on experience as related to residential construction techniques and methods, particularly as related to new construction. Experience as a home inspector does not solely fullfill this requirement."

I do not have "documented hands on" experience, so I guess I lose this opportunity.

Gary Smith Guest

We've been working with FHA for over 10 years in Central Mississippi as compliance inspectors and as a 203K Consultant and Contractor. I would refer to this link for inspection fees: HUD FHA HOC Reference Guide Chapter 1atlanta hoc inspection

Question. What is the allowable inspection fee for new construction inspections by FHA compliance inspectors?

Answer. Inspection fees are increased as follows:

New construction (one unit) $100 per inspection

New construction (2 -4 units) $100 per inspection plus $10.00 for each additional unit

Repair inspection (existing) $75

A mileage fee may be charged for a distance over 30 miles one-way (60 miles round trip) on both new and existing construction. The fee may not exceed the IRS established rate per mile.

The latest IRS mileage chart allows 50.5 cents per mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Smith View Post
    We've been working with FHA for over 10 years in Central Mississippi as compliance inspectors and as a 203K Consultant and Contractor. I would refer to this link for inspection fees: HUD FHA HOC Reference Guide Chapter 1atlanta hoc inspection

The latest IRS mileage chart allows 50.5 cents per mile.
    Gary, those fees are listed under the 203K and Appraisal fees. According to the HUD site they have not set the other fees charged by fee paid inspectors on the Fee Paid Inspector Roster since 2006. Only the 203K Consultants fees are regulated and I think those fees go back to 1995.
    HUD FHA HOC Reference Guide Chapter 1 Appraisal and Inspections
    Section "C" has this information.

Last edited by Scott Patterson; 10-03-2010 at 08:23 AM.
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Tom Camp Guest

Hi Rick & Scott,
    since you two are approved HUD Consultants, my question is it worth it?

I have been reading the manuals and regulations and I believe I meet the guidelines to become a consultant. I live in Colorado and there seems to be a shortage of HUD approved Consultants/Inspectors and the thought occurred to me, maybe there is a reason for that. It appears there is a minimum of 5 visits to the site and the fee chart seems a little confusing. I am in a quandary whether to apply or not, some advise would be great, Thanks.

Inspections Done Right

Colorado Springs - Home Inspections, Commercial Inspections, Radon Inspections, Mold Inspections
    Colorado Springs Home Inspections
    719-201-9472

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Camp View Post
    Hi Rick & Scott,
    since you two are approved HUD Consultants, my question is it worth it?

I have been reading the manuals and regulations and I believe I meet the guidelines to become a consultant. I live in Colorado and there seems to be a shortage of HUD approved Consultants/Inspectors and the thought occurred to me, maybe there is a reason for that. It appears there is a minimum of 5 visits to the site and the fee chart seems a little confusing. I am in a quandary whether to apply or not, some advise would be great, Thanks.

Inspections Done Right

Colorado Springs - Home Inspections, Commercial Inspections, Radon Inspections, Mold Inspections
    Colorado Springs Home Inspections
    719-201-9472
    Well, it does not cost you anything to get listed. So as far as that goes, Yes it is worth it.

Since I relocated, I have done 9 HUD Compliance inspections over the past 4 years. As far as 203K, I have done only 2. 203K's are just not that common in my area and frankly the fees have not been adjusted in 15 or so years, so I do not really look for the 203K business.

I have a friend in Utah and he always has a half dozen or so 203K's in the works all of the time. He loves them....

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Tom Camp Guest

Scott,
    Thanks for the information, I believe I will make that application.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry O'Connor View Post
    I applied for this two months ago and recently received a letter. Highlighting...
    The Office of Single Family Housing is in receipt of your application for placement on FHA Inspector Roster. However in accordance with requirements set forth in 24 CFR 200.171...the following documents must be submitted for further consideration:

"Documentation citing minimum of three years hands on experience as related to residential construction techniques and methods, particularly as related to new construction. Experience as a home inspector does not solely fullfill this requirement."

I do not have "documented hands on" experience, so I guess I lose this opportunity.
    Don't remember this requirement specifically stating that HI experience did not count. I've been a Listed Fee inspector (V905) for several years and do them all the time. Maybe they have changed the regs regarding this.

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Ron Pfister Guest

I do HUD /FHA/ VA loan inspections continously, being certified by HUD, it is a form you would keep for like 30 years.

Be glad an appraiser does not ask you to do the inspection for him, he is getting a 2 set of eyes to fill out the inspection / appraiser form.

This one is tuff to handle your only looking for specific things that is allowed by the appraiser to have items repared, before the purchase can be completed.

Older than 1978, specifically assume LBP is invovled do not let it slide by.

Lead Based Paint does not only include paint! Varnish and stains in woodwork, Lathe and Plaster,

it is a good learning for you.

David McGuire Guest

Lead can also be found in caulking also. I wasn't aware of that one until I saw an episode of "This Old House" last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bunzel View Post
    Dan,

You need to be an approved Compliance/Fee inspector. I became one about 8 years ago and up to last year didn't get many requests for them. Now with the resurgence of HUD/FHA guaranteed loans we are getting more requests. Most homes are doublewides but some are also single family.

Applying is a pain in bureaucracy, whomever wrote the study guide was paid by the pound and every loan processor likes their wording different. The FHA used to limit the fee to $100 bucks but everyone starting adding travel fees and the FHA realized that there guideline price was unrealistic.

Its not a significant part of our business but it does add to the revenue stream.

//Rick
    I am a "Listed Fee Inspector" here in SoCal. I started out at $75 but have doubled that to $150 and more for mileage if more than 25 miles from me. My biggest clients were buyers in large Condo/Townhouse projects. I would often get 4-5 at one time. Each takes about 15 min. to do. Easy money while it lasted.

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Bostick View Post
    I am a "Listed Fee Inspector" here in SoCal. I started out at $75 but have doubled that to $150 and more for mileage if more than 25 miles from me. My biggest clients were buyers in large Condo/Townhouse projects. I would often get 4-5 at one time. Each takes about 15 min. to do. Easy money while it lasted.
    This thread is a few years old..

Dana, raise your fees!!

The going rate around the country for new construction compliance inspections is in the $300 range with mileage fees on top if you desire.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com