Jade Bos Guest

Default Just starting out in South Florida

Hi all
    New here and new to home inspection. I'm looking to perhaps apprentice or ride along with some home inspectors down here in South Florida. I live in Hollywood and work In Oakland Park. I am willing to travel from Miami to West Palm
    I'm 35, Responsible, Honest, and have great people skills. I'm looking to change jobs as mine does most of its work overseas and I'm settling down with the woman I love.
    So if you need a extra set of hands or would like to help mentor a hard working guy who is looking to get his start. Let me know and I'll jump at the chance.
    Thanks for your time and consideration.
    Respectfully yours,
    Jade Bos

P.S. I believe I have set up my account here to accept email for members so please, email away.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Just starting out in South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Bos View Post
    Hi all
    New here and new to home inspection. I'm looking to perhaps apprentice or ride along with some home inspectors down here in South Florida. I live in Hollywood and work In Oakland Park. I am willing to travel from Miami to West Palm
    I'm 35, Responsible, Honest, and have great people skills. I'm looking to change jobs as mine does most of its work overseas and I'm settling down with the woman I love.
    So if you need a extra set of hands or would like to help mentor a hard working guy who is looking to get his start. Let me know and I'll jump at the chance.
    Thanks for your time and consideration.
    Respectfully yours,
    Jade Bos

P.S. I believe I have set up my account here to accept email for members so please, email away.
    Hi Jade and welcome.

As FL has just passed a license law for home inspectors, my advice would be to find out what is going to be required to be a home inspector in FL and then get the required training and testing so that you will meet the requirements.

Most inspectors will not take a person with them who has not undergone any formal home inspector training.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Jade Bos Guest

Thanks Scott - I'm not to familiar with the new bill. I know it goes into effect July1st 2010 and that it will require some prelicensing classes 100 plus hours and continuing education - that and insurance.

There is so much crazy fraud down here in South Florida I'm sure it could do nothing but help to some degree. But perhaps I don't know the whole story.

I tried to look some more up on it but all I found were a bunch of guys arguing about stuff and not making much sense to an outsider like myself.

If anyone can explain it in laymans terms I'd appreciate it.

On to your other question about education. I am taking some classes at Miami Dade CC, but I'm afraid its not exactly hands on. That and I am already a licensed insurance adjuster.

I just thought that there may be a few good hard working folk that wouldn't mind having a little help in return for me getting some hands on experience. It seems pretty straight foward to me but perhaps I am being to optimistic. Oh well I'm certianly going to give it a try. Till then, I'm just doing all I can to study on my own with my classe, home study materials, books, tests, CD's, and doing some faux inspections on my friends houses.
    I also plan on getting a cert through an on-line org. as well - perhaps ASHI.

thanks for the heads up and advice

Jade Bos

Richard Rushing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Bos View Post
    I also plan on getting a cert through an on-line org. as well - perhaps ASHI.
    Jade Bos
    Ooopps.... dude, that's a big fox paw

RR

Jade Bos Guest

Hi Richard - I don't know a lot about all the contentious feelings that seem to flow in various forums between organizations and its members. I do have experience with online forums and have noticed that hurt feelings and misunderstandings are rampant in most every forum. So your probably right in that I shouldn't even mention any of the orgs. initials here so as not to go wildy off topic.
    The topic is me! (just kidding of course)
    An online cert is just a little something I think would add a wee bit more of credibility for a few people and be one of the many tools one might use in this profession.

Thanks for the tip!