Thread: Getting Started

Joseph Stevens Guest

Default Getting Started

I have recently started doing home inspections and I was interested to know what you guys did to initially get your name out there. I have already signed up with local realtor concierge programs, and stopped in to introduce myself as well as drop off some cards, but that approach hardly seems effective.

Each of you was in my position once, so what approach did you take? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank You.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Getting Started

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stevens View Post
    I have recently started doing home inspections and I was interested to know what you guys did to initially get your name out there. I have already signed up with local realtor concierge programs, and stopped in to introduce myself as well as drop off some cards, but that approach hardly seems effective.

Each of you was in my position once, so what approach did you take? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank You.
    This topics been discussed several times on this site.

I've been trying to figure that out for the last 10 years.

There is really no one set way. I get my inspections from several different avenues. Paying to have my name on a realtors list never was one.

Joining networking groups, a good website, and doing everthing you can to get your name out there will take a few months.

Doing every inspection the best you can, will be one of the best ways to get the next one.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

1) Good website.

2) Patience, and lots of it.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stevens View Post

Your first mistake was signing up with a concierge program.

It will take you a few years to build the business to a point that you can make a living on. It takes time and a spouse with a good job!

As Dan said, this topic comes a few times a week. Do a search on this site for a wealth of information.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Joseph Stevens Guest

Thank you all for the great advice.

Just curious what is the negative of joining concierge programs?

all good advice. face to face meetings with realtors has worked best for me(just finished my first year).Reguardless of what the well established HI's say you have to start with the realtors. When you do an inspection don't forget to call on the listing agent after and introduce yourself. DONT BE THE LOWEST PRICE !!!! In your spare time (when not calling on realtors or doing inspections) learn your report software, this will be a huge benefit when you start to get busy. Take as many CE courses as you can (I did 48 hrs. my first year). Get in the habit of reading this site everyday. Good Luck!