Frank Adame Guest

Smile Greetings from Dallas TX

Hello everyone,
    My name is Frank Adame. My wife Gloria and I moved to Dallas from South Texas a year and a half ago. I began my Home Inspection business at that same time. I quickly went from 0 sales to currently $5000 a month. I am the current President of the North Texas Chapter of NACHI. I am also one of 8 founding members of the new TITAC, Texas Inspector Trade Association Council. I've always enjoyed reading, writing and being around home construction. I've been a handyman all my life but I just sold my home repair service company that I ran for 25 years. That background has come in handy as a Home Inspector. I hope to be joining you guys shortly on this site. I think I have much to contribute.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Greetings from Dallas TX

Welcome Frank, how long have been inspecting?

rick

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Adame View Post
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Frank Adame. My wife Gloria and I moved to Dallas from South Texas a year and a half ago. I began my Home Inspection business at that same time. I quickly went from 0 sales to currently $5000 a month. I am the current President of the North Texas Chapter of NACHI. I am also one of 8 founding members of the new TITAC, Texas Inspector Trade Association Council. I've always enjoyed reading, writing and being around home construction. I've been a handyman all my life but I just sold my home repair service company that I ran for 25 years. That background has come in handy as a Home Inspector. I hope to be joining you guys shortly on this site. I think I have much to contribute.
    The Red

Neat trick in the home inspection business when so many are not doing so great. 5000 a month huh. I would like to ask but I won't ask how you got that much work here considering a year and a half ago is when it got so slow. There is only one way to get that much work in the home inspection business just starting out and that is a serious amount of schmoozing with the Realtors and spome pretty cheap pricing. That would be 4 a week every single week, every single month....even in the slow months.

Only guessing there. Being so new and so many finding faith and trust in your home inspection skills ?????? Just seriously curious.

The Blue

Current president of the North Texas NACHI Chapter.

Not knocking things out right but I guess NACHI does not have any boundaries or guidelines as to longevity or knowing what one is doing. Not saying you don't but at license number 10235 it did not give you much time to get to know the inspection business let alone do a thorough inspection and good report.

8 founding members of the new TITAC, Texas Inspector Trade Association Council. And???? What exactly is that and or what is it used for.

and you just became an inspector. Just wondering but how did you learn so much about home inspections so fast to be so knowledgeable in the Home Inspection business to start up a home inspection trade council.

Forgive me for being so blunt and direct but I just cannot help it sometimes.

You just opened up a serious can of worms and I would like to see all of them crawling around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A little edit here.

And you suddenly appear the same time Ben Gromicko makes his presents on inspection news.

Last edited by Ted Menelly; 07-09-2010 at 03:36 PM.

Frank Adame Guest

Hey Ted,
    It was nice crashing into you. I don't mind blunt and direct people as long as they show some respect which you did to a point where I will continue this conversation with you. Here are my responses to your questions:
    1) Yes, I did an incredible amount of networking with Realtors in the Dallas Fort Worth area in the first 6 months. Out of the 2000 business cards that I have passed out over these 14 months, I am doing business with only 45 Realtors. They are some of the finest people I have ever met. You already know what kind the other 1955 are. I choose them, they don't choose me. After that and at the same time I became an instructor at several First Time Home Buyer Classes. There was one month last summer that I did not perform one inspection. But my sales have been steadily rising to where last month I made $5000. I did not say I have been making $5000 a month since day one. What helped jump start my business here is my ability to speak Spanish. I'll give you lessons if you like. Seriously.
    2) I started out charging $250 up to 1500 square feet plus $25 per 500 sq. ft. above that. I charge extra for optionals and WDIs. I rarely give discounts. I don't consider this cheap. My average fee so far is $312.
    3) Anyone can learn the home inspection procedure. Learning what you are inspecting and explaining it well to the buyers is the tricky part which I do very well. We are not rocket scientists and this job is not rocket science.
    4) My job as president of NACHI like the job of the president of NTTAREI is to bring knowledgeable experts to make presentations to our montly group meetings. Again you don't need a PHD to perform that task. You are welcomed to this job. Seriously.
    5) Check out my report sample in my website. I'll put it up against anyone elses. I of course welcome any constructive criticisms.
    6)The formation of TITAC was requested by Doug Oldmixon, TREC Administrator back in March 22nd of this year. This is his statement:"The Council will be a voluntary forum to encourage the four largest trade associations in Texas to coordinate recommendations and actions on matters of regulatory concern to the industry." I am a junior member of this Council where I am making up my lack of Texas inspection history experience with good old common sense. Your are also welcomed to my post Ted. Seriously.
    7) There was never a can of worms here Ted. Just a simple introduction into this site where I didn't feel that I had to explain thoroughly every sentence that I wrote.
    8) I never know what the Gromicko Bros are up to. We rarely communicate. I don't know what you are inferring. There is no Santa Claus or an Easter Bunny here either.

Ted, it was fun playing bumper cars with you. I hope nothing was broken.

Ted Menelly Guest

Hey Ted,
    It was nice crashing into you. I don't mind blunt and direct people as long as they show some respect which you did to a point where I will continue this conversation with you. Here are my responses to your questions:
    1) Yes, I did an incredible amount of networking with Realtors in the Dallas Fort Worth area in the first 6 months. Out of the 2000 business cards that I have passed out over these 14 months, I am doing business with only 45 Realtors. They are some of the finest people I have ever met. You already know what kind the other 1955 are. I choose them, they don't choose me. After that and at the same time I became an instructor at several First Time Home Buyer Classes. There was one month last summer that I did not perform one inspection. But my sales have been steadily rising to where last month I made $5000. I did not say I have been making $5000 a month since day one. What helped jump start my business here is my ability to speak Spanish. I'll give you lessons if you like. Seriously.
    2) I started out charging $250 up to 1500 square feet plus $25 per 500 sq. ft. above that. I charge extra for optionals and WDIs. I rarely give discounts. I don't consider this cheap. My average fee so far is $312.
    3) Anyone can learn the home inspection procedure. Learning what you are inspecting and explaining it well to the buyers is the tricky part which I do very well. We are not rocket scientists and this job is not rocket science.
    4) My job as president of NACHI like the job of the president of NTTAREI is to bring knowledgeable experts to make presentations to our montly group meetings. Again you don't need a PHD to perform that task. You are welcomed to this job. Seriously.
    5) Check out my report sample in my website. I'll put it up against anyone elses. I of course welcome any constructive criticisms.
    6)The formation of TITAC was requested by Doug Oldmixon, TREC Administrator back in March 22nd of this year. This is his statement:"The Council will be a voluntary forum to encourage the four largest trade associations in Texas to coordinate recommendations and actions on matters of regulatory concern to the industry." I am a junior member of this Council where I am making up my lack of Texas inspection history experience with good old common sense. Your are also welcomed to my post Ted. Seriously.
    7) There was never a can of worms here Ted. Just a simple introduction into this site where I didn't feel that I had to explain thoroughly every sentence that I wrote.
    8) I never know what the Gromicko Bros are up to. We rarely communicate. I don't know what you are inferring. There is no Santa Claus or an Easter Bunny here either.

Ted, it was fun playing bumper cars with you. I hope nothing was broken.
    The whole point of showing respect was what I was getting at.

As I tell all children. Respect is earned not give automatically or freely.

As far as the Speaking Spanish thing........I have not met a client yet that asked if I spoke Spanish that could not at least understand enough and speak enough English for me to reverse the question to them. I do not lose inspections because I don't speak Spanish. Hmmmm....or do I speak Spanish?

First time buyers classes huh....Again...Respect is earned, not given automatically. To be so new in the home inspection business and be speaking to first time buyers about home inspection.......Don't get it....You must be one hell of a serious talker convincing all these Realtors and first time buyers that you should be in front of them teaching first time buyers about home inspection. You have absolutely no idea how many things you are missing in a home inspection. Ask the question out loud to the hoards of long lived inspectors on here how much every single one of them screwed up for a year to three years after becoming a home inspector....Yes I am sure that includes me as well (did I just say that?)

No....not anyone can be a home inspector............Some think they can.

This may not be brain surgery but it takes more than passing a test and schmoozing Realtors.

I have to give you a tremendous amount of credit though. Just out of the shoot...President of the local NACHI chapter, founder of some trade council that the TREC advis....whatever. They are asking you.....not even an inspector for a year...for advise. Don't you seriously find a serious concern with that. TREC asking you to be one of the founders and advisers to them about making decisions for other inspectors.....

Holly freaking moly

That's all I have to say.

The gift of gab does not make one an expert on anything or an advise giver on anything.

I am now embarrassed that I am licensed by TREC

Not because of you but because of their actions.

Getting advise from the prominent trade associations.......Why not directly from the inspectors.....Oh wait....they did that and did not find it helpful. So they went to you...less than a year in the business, and others from other Inspector associations.

Hmmmm and sometimes I actually think of ........................oh never mind.

I have already done what I hate doing and telling it like it is and possible irritating someone else. I just cannot keep my common sense mind from escaping through my mouth.

Oh I get it,

It is kinda like Obama talking all the other Democrats into voting for something even knowing he was not only lying (not calling you a lier) but literally telling them that the damn thing needed a serious amount of work and fixing and he really did not know if some of those things would work..........because it is high time something like this got put into action...............................in the beginning of a serious recession...individuals and companies folding left and right. Trillions in debt.........should I go on..

No thanks. I went on far to long here.

Gotta go to sleep and forget about all this foolishness.

Ted Menelly Guest

OOps

Sorry about that

Welcome to the board.

Contribute away.

Seriously...didn't mean to slam you, or even anything close to it.

Frank Adame Guest

Smile Re: Greetings from Dallas TX

And good morning to you too A.D,
    A.D. must stand for After Death because you sound like your'e talking from a deep cavern of tortured souls. I am begining to notice that anyone that has posted over 3,500 opinions has very little to say. But I do commend you on your Spanish. Your sentence structure and proper puntuation is a marvel. Much better then mine. Of course I don't approve of your choice of vocabulary.

I am sorry that I will not earn your respect. My primary reason for going on this site is to learn more about the inspection business. If I have to take jabs to my character from you and Ted, then that will be my rite of passage. I have to admit, I did learn something from Ted's rantings and your "clarity". I am sorry that I upset you so much. But inspectors are like any other professional. Just because they have been around for years doesn't necessarily make them any better than inspectors with just a few years on the job. I've seen their sample reports.

I have made a pledge to myself that I will continue to help new inspectors in a positive, constructive way and I will stay in the Light especially when I reach the 4000 post mark. If they ask, I will give them my opinions in a kind way, they can take them or leave them. I will also tell them to join this site but their greetings will have to go no further than "Hello, my name is......". I don't want them frightened away by the current gate keepers. Pouring hot oil on new visitors is not neighborly.

It looks like Ted is putting away his machete. I'll be waiting for the next gunslinger. Vaya con Dios usted A.D. I will let you have the last word. I just hope it's not a derivative of "puta".

Kary Krismer Guest

Frank, welcome to the forum. There actually is a lot of useful information here, and most the people are both polite and knowledgeable, but like any Internet forum there are exceptions.

Ted Menelly Guest

I'm sorry

Did you say something AD

To KKs remark........I was being very polite

To FA

Sorry if you think I was using a machete. As I said about KKs post. I was being very polite.

If you read everything you said you will realize that you quite blatantly dismissed everyone that has been around a long time in making so little of the home inspection business. Everything you have done so far flies in the face of all home inspectors.

To assume the position of the President of a local home inspector association in aand of itself.....sorry if you think I am being to harsh but those positions....in my humble opinion should be for the seriously experienced...not someone brand new in the business. You are suppose to be the mentor, the one looked up to, the leader, the man of deep embedded wisdom.

One mistake you made was having your sample report on your website. I do not do that and never will. A sample report does nothing for the prospective home buyer but show concerns of some other home....not theirs. Then of course opening yourself up to the scrutiny from all home inspectors in the state you are an inspector in.

I won't get into all of that. I strongly suggest you read the SOPs for Texas and make some changes. Also, your report is seriously Realtor friendly. Every concern in every section is just run into one long sentence making it look so much better than the home really is. Every concern should be separated from the others. Any pictures of that particular concern should have its own picture and explanation. Nothing long and ridiculous but just for the sake of the client so they can really see and understand the condition of that home. Like it is now that homes looks like quite the buy. Just seeing some pictures of that home home and the very brief touch down, but run together, that home is a serious mess. Any experienced home inspector would have destroyed that home. Not because they are deal killers but because the home deserved it.

The part about the roof having a third of its life left......and then.......There are several areas of the roof where water is seriously leaking into the home. What was that all about. The drywall is falling off the ceiling. he inside of the walls are maybe even rotted and moldy. The drywall is damaged everywhere. The floor coverings are wasted. The roof needs to be replaced and probably a lot of sheathing. Where were the pictures inside thew attic where the water is coming in. What kind of condition was the insulation in.

I could go on and on and on forever. Even with my simple reports, it would have been a 35 pager. That is after removing the cover page and contract and and and and and. Yours is eleven pages after removing everything that did not have to do with the concerns in the home. I do not add all that crap anyway. In my actual report I have the cover page with picture and client info and then the page and a half of the TREC ramblings. Everything else is the actual report with out disclaimers or contracts any other infill.

The part about normal settling cracks.....How about where and how many. Where there several in different areas around the home. Where any of them open. Just for the fact that there may have been just some normal settling cracks....How about the fix. How about getting someone in there (which you already mentioned it with water flowing into the garage when it rained) to take some measurements....see what the total movement really is, advise on the corrective measures about additional drainage....possible pier work.....in other words (yes you mentioned the in ground drainage having an issue) more than what you said about the in ground drainage maybe being plogged up.

What I inspected

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------

What I found for concerns

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------

Literally in that much space...in every section

You wonder how in a year you have 45 loyal Realtor giving you direct referrals. Other than the fact you have a serious amount of experience from your years in the home inspection field. (but of course any idiot can do this job) You are the President of the local NACHI chapter, because of your years of experience in the home inspection business. But of course any idiot can do this job. After all it is not brain surgery. It is just a simple procedure.

Sir.....there is so much more to it than you believe you know it is frightening.

Sit down with some of the guys that have been around for some time. Not the check box guys. There are several in your meetings that actually know what and how to do it the right way.

You don't have to get into all the code etc. Just a real report with the concerns separated and of course the items you are suppose to comment on (they are missing everywhere)

No, I am not teaching you or anyone. Just giving real advise because I care about you and every home inspector out there. They are being paid buy the client, not the Realtors. The Realtors mean absolutely nothing to you. They are not who the report is for. If you have to strugglke for business for the rest of your life because you do not have Realtors in your pocket then so be it. Join the crowd. Because that is the way it is.

I have many Realtors that refer me. Honestly....it is no where near 45. I actually have absolutely know idea. I do not keep track of them. Yes I appreciate referrals but I also tells every single client directly in front of th Realtors that I do not work for the Reltor. I inspect homes as if I were buying them and then sell the report to a client that has interest in that home I inspected...and only that client. I do not even inspect for the client. Not they nor the seller or the buyers agent or the listing agent has any influence on me what so ever. What I see is what I write....period. Then I advise as to who should follow behind me about every single concern.

Kary Krismer Guest

Ted, I wasn't even thinking of you or your post when I was describing the forum. Sorry if you took that as an accusation. I would agree with your assessment of your post, that it was "blunt," but that doesn't mean it wasn't polite.

BTW, as I've said in another thread, a HI shouldn't want to accept referrals from agents that pressure them for a certain result, because it's a malpractice risk. Even subconsciously it could affect your findings, but beyond that if the agent is that way you might get drug into a lawsuit from one or more of their buyers (edit--attorneys with one plaintiff will often interview other potential plaintiff). After reading the views of some HIs here I've taken to making sure inspectors know I want their honest opinion. For example, on a bank owned one recently I told the inspector that he was added to our list because of a very thorough inspection he did on one of our seller's houses, and that I thought he was a good choice for this particular bank owned, which cosmetically had been really fixed up, but which his inspection indicated had a ton of issues, although most minor.

Last edited by Kary Krismer; 07-10-2010 at 11:17 AM.

All I can say is..... What a load of crap. Maybe the only thing that isn't crap is that Frank moved to Dallas a year and a half ago and started an inspection business.
    It can't say much for a HI chapter to elect a President that has only been an inspector for a year or so. Unless its the "Blind
    Leading a Blind Chapter of NACHI (BLAB)"
    The Texas guys have a much better handle on the local stuff, and AD has put it into perspective so well.
    But welcome anyway Frank. Pull up a chair and maybe listen for a while, you may learn a lot of stuff you have no clue about now.

Frank Adame Guest

Thank you everyone for your contructive criticisms and honest opinions. I studied every sentence carefully.
    I still don't understand what the big fuss is about my function as President Of North Texas NACHI; that I am not experienced enough to be the "leader". One last time with an explanation: I do not instruct anyone about anything, I do not lead anyone anywhere, I do not offer any advice to anyone. I merely facilitate bringing in experts who do the instructing.

I do run the meetings but I don't have to be a seasoned inspector to do that. The ol' timers have applauded my efforts. Our meetings are very informal and fun but always educational. We have 15 -40 members attend every month. ADT provides a free BBQ dinner for all of us. NACHI sends us door prizes and the affliates give away their own prizes.

We have recently become affiliated with TAREI. So our two North Texas groups are begining to work together. Like the famous philosopher Rodney King once said, "why can't we all work together."

Although, I have just started selling ad space in our monthly emailers. I will be using these funds to help out local charity groups in the name of NACHI local home inspectors as a marketing tool for us all. So maybe in that sense I am being a leader.

I have also been after our local Realtor group to get rid of the necessity for us to obtain a CBS code from the listing agents in order to use our SupraKey to open lock boxes. They are finally forming a task force to look into this matter and I am one inspector that's been invited. After stuggling with this system for more than a year, I feel I can contribute to the debate. Maybe I will fail but I got off my ladder and tried. Excuse me if I am being a leader here too.

I spend a lot of my time trying to do good for our industry wherever there's a chance. I feel confident that something good will come from my efforts eventually. I learned a long time ago that if I hit a brick wall to just find a way around it. Especially if some of these heavy, stationary and spalling brick walls are inspectors.

Hot dammm,, You Texas guys are brutal.
    This poor guy from nickies hero, to an IN crowd almost 0.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Wow...Sometimes after rambling on about something like this and then going away for a while and reading it later....................

Did I really let go with all that. Hmmmm. Must be that damn 36 years in Mass before moving south and being in the building, remodeling, rehabbing and inspection business for 37 years.

"Are you tawkin to me!"

----------------------------------------------------

Damn, another edit here

A quote from you Frank and then I will drop it.

"I still don't understand what the big fuss is about my function as President Of North Texas NACHI; that I am not experienced enough to be the "leader". One last time with an explanation: I do not instruct anyone about anything, I do not lead anyone anywhere, I do not offer any advice to anyone."

But that is what a President is suppose to be and should be doing and instructing on. That is what I was trying to convey. Not trying to continue it and I know we have a lousy example as President of the United States (sorry Mr Obama).....but what you said you do not do and are not is what you should be doing and should be. That is what a President is. The Leader.

Last edited by Ted Menelly; 07-10-2010 at 06:38 PM.

Nolan Kienitz Guest

Frank,

Welcome and thanks for the offer you made above.

You might want to spend a bit of time to thoroughly review the TREC standards for the 7A-1 or 7-2 required report generation. Your basic layout of additional documents inside the report body do not meet their requirements.

I doubt that anyone at TREC will come knocking on your door, but if there were to ever be an 'event' and your reports sent along to TREC for review they would likely starting slapping your wrist.

I would also be hesitant to offer to put my (in this case your) report up against anyone elses. We are all individual HIs and each of our reports can and sometimes are torn to shreds by any and many other HIs.

A property can be inspected by 5 different inspectors and I can assure you that there will be 5 extremely diverse reports generated. Bottom line; however, is that IF you are well aware of the TX TREC SOP and you inspect to those standards then those required items in that SOP should be so noted in your report. Your sample report shows SOP violations and that would definitely be a TREC issue ... layout of additional forms notwithstanding.

Check out your Electrical section concerning service entrance/panels and your safety comment about the AFCIs. All in all not a terribly bad comment, but you did not note it as "Deficient" which is required under the TX TREC SOP. Just a minor detail.

Also ... trying to grasp what you are actually telling the client in the report leaves me wandering all over the place.

I'll stop there as I noted above we all have different views and inspection procedures, methods and backgrounds which drive our product.

Your approach of riding shotgun with the zoids does not do any favors or proper service to your homebuying clients, but it seems appear that you tend to focus more on working for the zoids. Bless you in that regard. It's one that you may learn, over time, to wean yourself from.

Repeating above: Welcome to Inspection News.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Kienitz View Post
    Frank,

Welcome and thanks for the offer you made above.

You might want to spend a bit of time to thoroughly review the TREC standards for the 7A-1 or 7-2 required report generation. Your basic layout of additional documents inside the report body do not meet their requirements.

I doubt that anyone at TREC will come knocking on your door, but if there were to ever be an 'event' and your reports sent along to TREC for review they would likely starting slapping your wrist.

I would also be hesitant to offer to put my (in this case your) report up against anyone elses. We are all individual HIs and each of our reports can and sometimes are torn to shreds by any and many other HIs.

A property can be inspected by 5 different inspectors and I can assure you that there will be 5 extremely diverse reports generated. Bottom line; however, is that IF you are well aware of the TX TREC SOP and you inspect to those standards then those required items in that SOP should be so noted in your report. Your sample report shows SOP violations and that would definitely be a TREC issue ... layout of additional forms notwithstanding.

Check out your Electrical section concerning service entrance/panels and your safety comment about the AFCIs. All in all not a terribly bad comment, but you did not note it as "Deficient" which is required under the TX TREC SOP. Just a minor detail.

Also ... trying to grasp what you are actually telling the client in the report leaves me wandering all over the place.

I'll stop there as I noted above we all have different views and inspection procedures, methods and backgrounds which drive our product.

Your approach of riding shotgun with the zoids does not do any favors or proper service to your homebuying clients, but it seems appear that you tend to focus more on working for the zoids. Bless you in that regard. It's one that you may learn, over time, to wean yourself from.

Repeating above: Welcome to Inspection News.
    You darn show off with your red white and blue Texas flag Nolan Inspection Service Logo

I should have thought of that

Hmm, maybe the Italian flag for a logo in the shape of Texas..........just a thought.

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

One last time with an explanation: I do not instruct anyone about anything, I do not lead anyone anywhere, I do not offer any advice to anyone. I merely facilitate bringing in experts who do the instructing.
    This seems in conflict with what you said earlier and what you say afterward:

After that and at the same time I became an instructor at several First Time Home Buyer Classes.
    I'm willing to bet those "future first time home buyer" class attendees thought of themselves and do think of themselves as somebody/anybody.
    As a novice home inspector you shouldn't be instructing anyone about home inspection, let alone what to look for when acquiring and selecting the services of a home inspector.

There was one month last summer that I did not perform one inspection. I started out charging $250 up to 1500 square feet plus $25 per 500 sq. ft. above that. I charge extra for optionals and WDIs. I rarely give discounts. I don't consider this cheap. My average fee so far is $312.
    You won't be making friends in the industry in the Texas market with this pricing plan.

Anyone can learn the home inspection procedure. Learning what you are inspecting and explaining it well to the buyers is the tricky part which I do very well.
    All "know-it-all" novice sycophants think they're doing their job well, in fact most early on think they know more than their superiors and predecessors. They are oftentimes arrogant and ignorant; always lacking in ACTUAL experience sufficient to judge their lack of knowledge or performance skills.

Your self-evaluation of both your personal performance & skill-set as well as your industry evaluation of performance and skill-set is as ignorant as it is revealing to those who are more experienced and knowledgable.

Such foolishness neophyte. Well, God looks after fools and children.

No, you are not inventing "the wheel", not re-inventing it either.

"The Council will be a voluntary forum to encourage the four largest trade associations in Texas to coordinate recommendations and actions on matters of regulatory concern to the industry."

I am a junior member of this Council where I am making up my lack of Texas inspection history experience with good old common sense.
    No you are not. You are unqualified. You are either extremely dellusional and naive, or disingenous. IOW, you are either being played or a player (or both!).

I spend a lot of my time trying to do good for our industry wherever there's a chance. I feel confident that something good will come from my efforts eventually.
    Good for whom?

I have also been after our local Realtor group to get rid of the necessity for us to obtain a CBS code from the listing agents in order to use our SupraKey to open lock boxes. They are finally forming a task force to look into this matter and I am one inspector that's been invited. After stuggling with this system for more than a year, I feel I can contribute to the debate. Maybe I will fail but I got off my ladder and tried. Excuse me if I am being a leader here too.
    This is not a case of Blind leading the blind, its a case of the blind trying to lead the sighted. Blind to your own ignorance and history, and blind to the sightedness of those with experience and knowledge that exceeds your own.

Those who do not learn from history or remember the past, are doomed to repeat it.

Spin those wheels, spin, spin, spin.

How dare others be ungrateful? because you do them a disservice.

You are not The HI Missionary, here to save TX HIs from themselves. Closing your first post on this board in this manner:

I hope to be joining you guys shortly on this site. I think I have much to contribute.
    "Opened the door" tyro, to being put in place, especially by experienced, ethical, non-sycophant Texas Home Inspectors.

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 07-11-2010 at 08:23 AM. Reason: correcting formatting on a quote

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

P.S.

Yes, I "visited" your web site.

Looked at your education/experience/affiliations (noted you listed IN, but no link ), your Q&A, then your "sample report" ( ).

Frankly you have the nerve to say THIS in your Q&A and posted THAT "sample report":
    Q: How will your Report compare to others?A: Click on Sample Report and check out my Report. You will immediately see the extra attention to more details and thoroughness
    and THIS:

Q: What makes you better than the other Home Inspectors?

A: My 25 years in the light remodeling and home repair service gives me the edge over others because I can "see" behind walls and know how building components such as plumbing and electrical were installed. With that experience I can offer better money saving recommendations on how to order repairs. And finally, my continued education certification efforts above and beyond the TREC minimum standards makes me that much better informed and qualified than the next Inspector
    Apparently "see(ing) behind walls" doesn't include seeing whats on them, or right in front of your camera lense!

Welcome Frank

Bruce Thompson, Lic. #9199
    www.TylerHomeInspector.com
    Home Inspections in the Tyler and East Texas area

I gotta ask: What is "normal foundation settlement."

There were signs of minor typical cracks due to normal foundation settlement. Recommend monitoring."

---
    Is any settlement "normal?

--

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections