Default How many inspectors are also Indpendent Adjusters

How many property inspectors are also Independent Adjusters (IAs)?
    Independent Adjusters are hired by insurance company during certain events to perform inspections, including Wind and Hail damage inspections.
    Do you hold an Independent Adjusters license?

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: How many inspectors are also Indpendent Adjusters

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Gromicko View Post
    Independent Adjusters are hired by insurance company during certain events to perform inspections, including Wind and Hail damage inspections.
    Instead of spamming a Home Inspection site that your org tried to hijack
    ( www.inspectionews.com ] why don't you be honest and get to the point and disclose that for only $289. you and your brother will give someone interested in this " FREE " insurance adjuster training?
    While your disclosing that, why not be honest and disclose after you get the next sucker he or she will be spammed with the intent of getting another $2-3000 from them for additional crap that is not legal, or does not qualify in many states?

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    ... why don't you be honest and get to the point and disclose that for only $289. you and your brother will give someone interested in this " FREE " insurance adjuster training? ...
    There are many free courses available to members of InterNACHI.
    Many are open to all. For example: "Safe Practices for the Home Inspector" course - InterNACHI
    But that's besides the point of this thread...

There's a tremendous business opportunity for inspectors, particularly in this recession, to become Independent Adjusters.

We have accepted Citizens Insurance's ITN 10-0028 Property Management Inspection Services ITN. https://www.citizensfla.com/about/pu...fm?type=review

InterNACHI members might get tens of millions of dollars worth of inspections!!! - InterNACHI Message Board

Since my profession is developing online training for inspectors, we're developing a training course to help inspectors to become IAs.

I bet there are many property inspectors who are already IAs.

"Benji" likes to ask leading questions just as he prepares to release some pay-for-play marketing program.

It's already old, obvious and tiresome. And not many posters (here, anyway) are that gullible.

Dom.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    "Benji" likes to ask leading questions just as he prepares to release some pay-for-play marketing program....
    Not accurate.
    I'm involved with education and training. (warranties and a home maintenance book too). But mainly education.

The Florida Department of Financial Services, Education Section, has approved me as an instructor for Insurance Claims Adjusters.

I'm now developing an online course for home inspectors to become Independent Adjusters, and we'll be offering free CE courses to Adjusters in Florida too.

Florida Department of Financial Services approves InterNACHI instructor. - InterNACHI

Guy, you're one big commercial. You don't come on-line (here or anywhere) to offer any help. You simply stir the pot looking for $$$$, either from membership dues or some other program.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    ...You simply stir the pot looking for $$$$...
    Not accurate.
    I do not work for InterNACHI. My position is as a volunteer.

Joe owns a home inspection service in Florida, and is inspecting the home of a client one afternoon. To see an apparent problem, Joe picks up the TV set to move it out of the way. While doing so drops the set to the ground, destroying it. Under his CGL policy, which is true:
    a. The TV set is covered
    b. Coverage applies subject to a standard deductible
    c. The is no coverage, because this TV was in Joe's care
    d. At Joe’s request coverage of $500 will apply for the TV

Last edited by Benjamin Gromicko; 07-12-2010 at 10:23 AM.

Not accurate.
    I do not work for InterNXCHI. My position is as a volunteer.

More commercials from you, guy, as I never mentioned Nxchi. Not ever, not once.
    See how you like to play childish games?

The answer is..........
    e. Joe is an idiot for moving the TV.

He probably learned that inspection method on some "free" instruction video on how to do home inspections and earn $500K/year. ON sale for only $29.95.

I've always appreciated the help I've recieved from fellow home inspectors on this site...we share knowledge and look out for each...don't come here and try to make money off of us...your undertone smells worse than a used car salesman's suit...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stichter View Post
    I've always appreciated the help I've recieved from fellow home inspectors on this site...we share knowledge and look out for each...don't come here and try to make money off of us...your undertone smells worse than a used car salesman's suit...
    LOL... Ole bennie can't help it, he just uses [wears] his brothers hand me down undertones, with the hope of scamming 10,,000 more inspectors for free.

Last edited by Dan Harris; 07-13-2010 at 07:04 PM.
    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

We've been developing a course for home inspectors to become IAs.
    The course is 137,494 words in length.
    The largest course I've ever been involved with.

This course helps individuals in attaining the Florida Adjuster License by preparing them for Florida's state examination. It also assists individuals interested in the insurance profession by obtaining a thorough knowledge of Florida’s laws and rules and an accurate understanding of insurance and practice. It also will be approved for CE credits for Adjusters.

That's why I'm interested in knowing how many home inspectors are also Independent Adjusters, particularly for doing claims adjusting for property damage after a weather event.

Course will be released in only several days.

If I had a product to sell that is specific to Florida home inspectors, the business side of me would be, Pay and MARKET directly to those inspectors.

A couple Florida associations come to mind. FLASHI and FABI.

I understand that nacho group might have some local meetings. You might want to check them out to see if any of the elete certified inspectors in that group are still in business this week.

If your couse is " 137,494 words in length" I have no dought there will be a few in that group that will be Really impressed.

www.inspectaz.com

If I had a product to sell that is specific to Florida home inspectors, the business side of me would be, Pay and MARKET directly to those inspectors....
    A Florida Adjuster license is recognized by many other states. It's called reciprocity.
    • Alabama - Independent adjusters only
    • Alaska - Independent adjusters only
    • Arkansas - Independent adjusters only
    • Connecticut - Independent and Company adjusters
    • Georgia - Independent adjusters only (Does not require licensure for Company adjusters)
    • Idaho - Independent adjusters only
    • Kentucky - Independent and Company adjusters
    • Maine - Independent adjusters only
    • Michigan - Independent adjusters only
    • Mississippi - Independent adjusters only
    • New Mexico - Independent and Company adjusters
    • North Carolina - Independent and Company adjusters
    • Oklahoma - Independent and Company adjusters
    • Oregon - Independent adjusters only
    • South Carolina - Independent and Company adjusters only
    • Texas - Independent and Company adjusters
    • West Virginia - Independent and Company adjusters
    • Washington - Independent adjusters only
    • Wyoming - Independent and Company adjusters
    • Utah - Independent adjusters only
    So, my interest is related to the entire country of IAs, Florida included.

A Florida Adjuster license is recognized by many other states. It's called reciprocity.
    [LIST]
    If that's true [ considering the source I would check with each state to verify if this is true] I would be respectful of the owners of the sites I advertize on and reciproicte/ pay for my ads.

Keep on a advertizing to those nachioietes, and convince them all they have to do is pay you, and assure them they can make more money as Indpendent Adjusters, so the home inspectors that are committed to one profession can continue serving the public, doing what they do best and are trained for, Home Inspections.

www.inspectaz.com

If that's true [ considering the source I would check with each state to verify if this is true] I would be respectful of the owners of the sites I advertize on and reciproicte/ pay for my ads.
    Good advice.

Keep on a advertizing to those nachioietes, and convince them all they have to do is pay you, ...
    Again, I'm not an owner, partner or employee of InterNACHI.

... assure them they can make more money as Indpendent Adjusters, so the home inspectors that are committed to one profession can continue serving the public, doing what they do best and are trained for, Home Inspections.
    Diversity is survival, particularly in this economy.
    For example, we believe that the best Mold Inspectors are also home inspectors.
    The best Infrared Inspectors are also home inspectors.
    The best Wind & Hail Claims Adjusters are also home inspectors.
    The best Commercial Property Inspectors likely started out as a Residential Property Inspectors.
    Many ICC Certified Code Inspectors (now laid off) are becoming home inspectors.

In a few years, we won't be able to speak to a group who ONLY do residential building inspections. Many inspectors who survive through this economy, will do it because they diversified their services in some way.

[QUOTE=Benjamin Gromicko;137462]Good advice.

Again, I'm not an owner, partner or employee of InterNACHI.

QUOTE]

Do you really believe the members of this site, [ IN members ] are dumb, blind, stupid and cannot not see thru your BS.

You are guilty by association.
    You may not be an owner, partner or employee, the FACT remains for an inspector to get any of the crap that you adverize as free, an inspector needs to pay your brother $289.00 each and every year to continue getting that and more crap.

www.inspectaz.com

[QUOTE
    Diversity is survival, particularly in this economy.

QUOTE]

You keep on ah convincing the nacho wanntabe home inspectors that.

I already figured out what I want to be when I grow up.
    I'm going to continue focusing on getting better on what I do best.
    Home Inspections.
    When the ecomony comes back the guys that focused on your crap and drained their bank accounts with other training BS that you sell them, instead of marketing and expanding their HI knoweldge, won't be around.

I'll still be there as what I tell my customers I am.
    An experienced professional home inspector.

www.inspectaz.com

...to get any of the crap that you adverize as free, an inspector needs to pay your brother $289.00 ...
    Not accurate.
    There are many opportunities for join for free.
    For example TAREI and InterNACHI Alliance - Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors
    Free InterNACHI membership, which includes approved CE courses for free. Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) approves InterNACHI's classroom, online video, and FREE online courses. - InterNACHI

But that's off the topic...

Median annual wages of claims adjusters were $55,760 in May 2008. The middle 50 percent earned between $42,400 and $70,860. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $34,140, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $84,260.

HOWEVER, when there's an event, such as a hurricane, a claims adjuster can make over $100,000 in just several weeks, because adjusters (for say wind and hail damage) get paid based upon a percentage of the settlement payout.

The greater majority of inspectors on this forum are professional inspectors. The majority of us do not think very highly of the NACHI organization. I am sure that you can tell this by other posts and replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent Tarter View Post
    The majority of us do not think very highly of the NACHI organization. .
    I don't think he gets it.
    I was holding off giving him the bad news after he paid Brian for all the free advertizing he's getting here.

Last edited by Dan Harris; 07-14-2010 at 04:42 PM.
    www.inspectaz.com

Robert Welch Guest

I would rather just promote the Houston home inspection business I have now. But my brother is a insurance adjuster, does that count?

Robert

Houston Home Inspection - Houston Home Inspectors - Robert Welch

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Welch View Post
    I would rather just promote the Houston home inspection business I have now. But my brother is a insurance adjuster, does that count?
    What type of adjuster? Property damage such as Wind and Hail?

- reciprocity -

Like Nachi vendors agreeing to have Nachi market their wares for a cut of the sales?

Ben you keep telling us you are not an employee of Nachi, but a volunteer, its apparent that you are a volunteer spokesperson.

Whats the reciprocity between being a director of the CMI board of directors and the fee for a CMI designation?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Ben you keep telling us you are not an employee of Nachi, but a volunteer, its apparent that you are a volunteer spokesperson.
    A volunteer spokesperson... Nah... I simply don't have that kind of extra time.
    I volunteer enough as it is in relation to developing education.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Whats the reciprocity between being a director of the CMI board of directors and the fee for a CMI designation?
    I don't know.
    I'm not on the board of CMI. Contact Us - Certified Master Inspector

Back to the thread topic...
    I believe home inspectors can diversify their services and make themselves available to insurance companies during emergency situations/events.

For example, Citizens Insurance in Florida has a plan that defines when an "emergency" exists and provides procedures for qualified individuals to obtain an online emergency adjuster license from the Department. “Emergency adjuster” means a person who is not a licensed adjuster with the Department but who has been designated and certified to the Department by an insurer, an independent resident adjuster, or a licensed general lines agent as qualified to adjust claims, losses, or damages under policies or contracts of insurance issued by such insurer in the event of a catastrophe or emergency.

https://www.flrules.org/gateway/rule...id=69B-220.001

I see that home inspectors and property damage claims adjusters have overlapping skill sets. This may be a great opportunity for home inspectors, particularly since insurance inspection work is not dependent upon real estate transactions.

Mitchell Toelle Guest

Simple rule...stop responding to Ben's posts and he will not have reason to further promote by inserting additional "free" links for profit. Just follow the rule, no matter how compelled you feel to say something. That way he will only be able to promote by paying Brian. And let's be clear, Brian deserves to be paid for this type of promotion....right? The answer is "YES".

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Toelle View Post
    Simple rule...stop responding to Ben's posts and he will not have reason to further promote by inserting additional "free" links for profit. Just follow the rule, no matter how compelled you feel to say something. That way he will only be able to promote by paying Brian. And let's be clear, Brian deserves to be paid for this type of promotion....right? The answer is "YES".
    Oh...please...
    The link to CMI was to answer the "off topic" question about me being on the CMI board, which I am not.

Michael,
    Here's another simple rule: Stay on the thread topic, and stop the bashing "no matter how compelled you feel." And AGAIN, I don't pay Brian anything. What are you talking about?

Back to the thread topic...
    Median annual wages of wage and salary claims adjusters, examiners, and investigators were $55,760 in May 2008. The middle 50 percent earned between $42,400 and $70,860. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $34,140, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $84,260. When there's a weather event, a claims adjuster can make over $100,000 in a couple months, because some adjusters (for example - wind/hail claims adjusters) get paid based upon a percentage of the settlement payout with a typical 10% cap.

So, you could get hired by an insurance company to inspect a property for wind and hail damage. Your report results in a $25,000 payout. You just made $2,500 on that one inspection. No kidding. And in a large scale weather event, there are hundreds of damaged roofs to inspect.

Last edited by Benjamin Gromicko; 08-16-2010 at 09:56 AM.