Default good ways to drum up the exam cash

looking for ways to drum up the cash for my exam by using my skills but not doing anything illegal any body got any advice?

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: good ways to drum up the exam cash

Quote Originally Posted by billy claggett View Post
    looking for ways to drum up the cash for my exam by using my skills but not doing anything illegal any body got any advice?

I hear picking up and selling alumiumn cans pays good, and even some times you make more doing that than doing home inspections,.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Richard Senn Guest

You'll have to also drum up the money to complete the 90 hr. HI Licensing class before you can take the exam.

Regards,
    Richard

How about standing on the corner of a busy intersection with a cardboard sign which reads, "Toss a quarter at an idiot". You'd be amazed at how many people will do it. We used to have a homeless guy here in Dallas that did the exact same thing and he would always have a bunch of people tossing quarters at him.

rick

C.Johnson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    How about standing on the corner of a busy intersection with a cardboard sign which reads, "Toss a quarter at an idiot". You'd be amazed at how many people will do it. We used to have a homeless guy here in Dallas that did the exact same thing and he would always have a bunch of people tossing quarters at him.

rick
    Wish i heard about this last week! Red White and Boom in Columbus,OH packs over 850,000 people downtown, I could have made a killing!!! Another opportunity missed!

chris mcintyre Guest

Hmm...you are looking to make some cash by using your skills in a legal way. I'm almost afraid to ask, but assuming you don't need this exam because of your skills, what skills do you have.

Wonder which exam he needs money for?

Turn your head and cough...

Please bend over while I slip on these gloves and apply a lubricant...

Start from the top and let me know when you can't read any further...

This one looks like it might have a cavity...

Last edited by Bruce Ramsey; 07-13-2010 at 06:52 PM.
    "The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

Another newbie without a driver's license????????
    What are the odds???????

Toss a quarter at an idiot! I love it. I would probably throw at least one.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Jim,

Seriously, this guy would sat up everyday against the side emergency lane in an area where traffic would be at a snail's pace every evening in rush hour. He had taken a cardboard sign and actually placed it back up the road before you got to him to even advertise this game. No telling how much change this "idiot" made everyday. He's not there now anymore but probably bought a condo somewhere in S. Florida with his earnings.

rick

Patrick McCaffery Guest

Hi Billy,
    If you are looking for ways to pay for your exam, you are in a lot of trouble. Starting a business requires a lot of money. It may be at least three years before you start to see an income and with the market the way it is, it may be longer. There are many expenses that go along with the Inspection business including, licensing, Association Fees, business cards, software, and other office supplies.
    Continue to search this sight and try to talk with other inspectors. I am not trying to discourage you, I am just pointing out some of the things that I did not know.
    Good luck with your exam.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Jim,

Seriously, this guy would sat up everyday against the side emergency lane in an area where traffic would be at a snail's pace every evening in rush hour. He had taken a cardboard sign and actually placed it back up the road before you got to him to even advertise this game. No telling how much change this "idiot" made everyday. He's not there now anymore but probably bought a condo somewhere in S. Florida with his earnings.

rick
    Many years ago I saw an article on professional change grabbers. There was a family that was interviewed that made close to a hundred grand a year from pan handling. You hear about this from time to time. Spare change, spare change, spare change. Enough change in an 8 hour job could be more a year than the folks passing it out.

James Foy Guest

Members,
    If you think things are slow now, wait until the economic recovery commission recommends eliminating the mortgage interest deduction. Of course, this may just put more foreclosures on the market, so maybe it would increase business.
    Of course, I love the way that most articles talk about how deductions "cost" the treasury, as if the money we earn is theirs to begin with.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by James Foy View Post
    Members,
    If you think things are slow now, wait until the economic recovery commission recommends eliminating the mortgage interest deduction. Of course, this may just put more foreclosures on the market, so maybe it would increase business.
    Of course, I love the way that most articles talk about how deductions "cost" the treasury, as if the money we earn is theirs to begin with.

Don't see what the problem is. All the Treasury has to do is to keep printing money. I mean....all it will cost is the price of paper and ink....RIGHT?

I am one of those that believe in the double dip recession. I do not want to but I believe it is true.

After all. New jobs were created over the last 4 to five months I guess if that were the case then the unemployment rate would be down from the ....what.....almost ten percent. Add all those that are no filing for unemployment that are really out of work and it is close to 20% that is not working.

But. I just had a decent couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by James Foy View Post
    Members,
    Business is slow right now for 1 reason I believe. Once they stopped the tax credit, business slowed for all.

I personally believe that the potential buyers out there are just sitting on the fence waiting for the government to see the slowing economy and throw out another tax credit.

No one thinks that the lower interest rates right now compare to a tax credit. As usual, just a bunch of folks waiting for a handout.

rick

Mitchell Toelle Guest

Ted said: After all. New jobs were created over the last 4 to five months I guess if that were the case then the unemployment rate would be down from the ....what.....almost ten percent. Add all those that are no filing for unemployment that are really out of work and it is close to 20% that is not working.

Of course you know that many of the figures coming in are skewed by the recent "Census" hiring and layoffs. None of those Census workers are eligible for unemployment benefits...so it appears that they were taken off the unemployed list for awhile..then not put back on because they could not file again as unemployed. All appears to be a numbers game depending on how you want to skew and crunch the numbers. You are right my friend...unemployment is much higher than stats show. True ...or closer stats, will not show up for several months.