mathew stouffer Guest

Default 6 Air Handlers 3 Condensers

I had a post similar to this a few months ago but this system was pretty interesting, so I thought I would get your thoughts. 9000 ft home, built in 08. It had 6 air handles operating off 3 condensers, approx two 3 ton units and one 4 ton. System worked pretty well, but one HVAC guy I spoke to said no way. Tried to contact Trane but no luck yet.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

mathew stouffer Guest

Default Re: 6 Air Handlers 3 Condensers

Is this acceptable?

David Bell Guest

These systems can be operated useing solenoid valves on the liquid lines, and preferably a two stage compressor.

Quote Originally Posted by David Bell View Post
    These systems can be operated useing solenoid valves on the liquid lines, and preferably a two stage compressor.

Those high-end Trane 19i units have 2 stage compressors.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew stouffer View Post
    I had a post similar to this a few months ago but this system was pretty interesting, so I thought I would get your thoughts. 9000 ft home, built in 08. It had 6 air handles operating off 3 condensers, approx two 3 ton units and one 4 ton. System worked pretty well, but one HVAC guy I spoke to said no way. Tried to contact Trane but no luck yet.
    I have seen these several times but I think the key point is your comment "System worked pretty well . . ." and (my add) has apparently worked well for two summers.

I have also designed several larger commercial systems where a single circuit compressor will serve two coils but in the same air handler. A little different situation I know.

You get to see some pretty interesting homes in the high valley don't you?