Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Elliot Franson Guest

Default Re: An end to the rudeness on InspectionNews

For a thread titled "An end to the rudeness on InspectionNews", there seems to be an awful lot of rude statements being posited. I believe the gentleman in question has been banned from this forum. As the Romans would have said, "De mortuis nil nisi bonum". Just my opinion.

Member Benefits1

Quote Originally Posted by Markus Keller View Post
    Can't we just put AD on probation? Tell him to stop being such a bad boy.
    I agree.... while AD did often cross the line, as many were quick to point out, he also contributed a great deal as well.

The term "user banned" sound so permanent. There ought to be a way to allow these banned individuals back on provided they play within the guidelines.

I'd rather see the interNachi copycat wannabee marketeers banned before knowledgable straight shooters like AD anyday.

Joe Klampfer RHI
    www.myinspection.ca
    Pacific Home Inspections

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Klampfer View Post
    I agree.... while AD did often cross the line, as many were quick to point out, he also contributed a great deal as well.

The term "user banned" sound so permanent. There ought to be a way to allow these banned individuals back on provided they play within the guidelines.

I'd rather see the interNachi copycat wannabee marketeers banned before knowledgable straight shooters like AD anyday.

I agree with you Joe.

Elliot Franson Guest

For what it's worth, I agree with Mr. Hurst and Mr. Klampfer. Just my opinion.

& I think he has!

Clarksville Home Inspection
    JW Goad
    TN License #307 | KY License #2402

joe woe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Goodman View Post
    Freedom of speech refers only to the your right to speak without government interference and even the government has the ability to stifle some kinds of speech. In the everyday scheme there are people who can legally limit your speech.
    Right, but your freedom is never limited based upon whether or not you 'like' what is being said, but on other factors such as the danger it poses to others, violation of other rights, etc., etc. I'm just pointing out that someones right to speak their mind has nothing to do with how you personally feel about it, but like I said, it doesn't really apply to this board or this thread.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Quote Originally Posted by John Goad View Post
    & I think he has!
    I believe you are correct. The stylings of Mr. Elliot Franson sound awfully familiar.

From Central Texas......
    Joined the same day AD got the boot....

Hmmmmmmmmmm

"I believe you are correct. The stylings of Mr. Elliot Franson sound awfully familiar.
    From Central Texas......
    Joined the same day AD got the boot...."

That sounds like slander

"For what it's worth, I agree with Mr. Hurst and Mr. Klampfer. Just my opinion."

No could'nt be,
    ...could it???

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

I think maybe we should be looking for someone named Mr Limpet.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Like a handful of other regular readers I made a voluntary financial contribution to help keep IN up and running.

I did this because I don't take IN for granted - I know that if it ceases to make financial sense for Brian to pay for the bandwidth and upkeep, IN could disappear tomorrow.

And I also know that if IN did disappear, there is no guarantee that anything nearly as good - let alone better - will appear to replace it.

IMO it's all to easy to take what we have here for granted: for example that if we need to we can tap within a few hours into a knowledge base reflecting hundreds of thousands of hours of inspection experience (just counting the fifty or so frequent posters) as well as the specialized knowledge of posters (for example Bob Harper, to name only one specialty) which would just not be available to most of us otherwise.

IN makes an enormous contribution to improving the inspection industry - I know that a *lot* of what I know - or learned more about - I learned here, and I still learn something useful here almost every day.

And that contribution is likely even greater in the case of newer inspectors who read here but don't often post, and might post more often in a less toxic atmosphere.

That being the case, if Brian can't afford the traffic and revenue loss associated with indulging a few posters - no matter how knowledgeable - in childish and abusive behavior, I can't afford it either. I have too much to lose if this site goes dark, and too much to gain from the much larger number of knowledgeable posters who conduct themselves in a businesslike manner when they are participating in what is for some of us essentially a workplace experience.

IMO, if "banned" posters can "get it" and conduct themselves appropriately, let them back in.

If not, "Oh Well"... I've got work to do.

And and the owner of this site has a business to run.

And I'm for sure every day damn glad it's not run like either of the other two alternatives.

Last edited by Michael Thomas; 07-20-2010 at 07:56 AM.
    Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

Leigh Goodman Guest

[QUOTE=joe woe;138281]Right, but your freedom is never limited based upon whether or not you 'like' what is being said, but on other factors such as the danger it poses to others, violation of other rights, etc., etc.

If I own a Ford dealership and my salesmen are telling customers that the car is a piece of junk I would fire them because I don't like what they are saying. No one is in danger, no ones rights are being abused. I just do not like what is being said.

James Duffin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Thomas View Post
    Like a handful of other regular readers I made a voluntary financial contribution to help keep IN up and running.

I did this because I don't take IN for granted - I know that if it ceases to make financial sense for Brian to pay for the bandwidth and upkeep, IN could disappear tomorrow.

And I also know that if IN did disappear, there is no guarantee that anything nearly as good - let alone better - will appear to replace it.

IMO it's all to easy to take what we have here for granted: for example that if we need to we can tap within a few hours into a knowledge base reflecting hundreds of thousands of hours of inspections experience (just counting the fifty or so frequent posters) as well as the specialized knowledge of posters (for example Bob Harper, to name only one specialty) which would just not be available to most of us otherwise.

IN makes an enormous contribution to improving the inspection industry - I know that a *lot* of what I know - or learned more about - I learned here, and I still learn something useful here almost every day.

And that contribution is likely even greater in the case of newer inspector who read here but don't often post, and might post more often in a less toxic atmosphere.

That being the case, if Brian can't afford the traffic and revenue loss associated with indulging a few posters - no matter how knowledgeable - in childish and abusive behavior, I can't afford it either - I have too much to lose if this site goes dark, and too much to gain from the much larger number of knowledgeable posters who conduct themselves in a businesslike manner when they are participating in what is for some of us essentially a workplace experience.

IMO, if "banned" posters can "get it" and conduct themselves appropriately, let them back in.

And I'm for sure every day damn glad it's not run like either of the other two alternatives.
    I agree with what you said. Thanks for saying it so eloquently.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Thomas View Post

IMO it's all to easy to take what we have here for granted: for example that if we need to we can tap within a few hours into a knowledge base reflecting hundreds of thousands of hours of inspections experience (just counting the fifty or so frequent posters) as well as the specialized knowledge of posters (for example Bob Harper, to name only one specialty) which would just not be available to most of us otherwise.

And that contribution is likely even greater in the case of newer inspector who read here but don't often post, and might post more often in a less toxic atmosphere.

That being the case, if Brian can't afford the traffic and revenue loss associated with indulging a few posters - no matter how knowledgeable - in childish and abusive behavior, I can't afford it either - I have too much to lose if this site goes dark, and too much to gain from the much larger number of knowledgeable posters who conduct themselves in a businesslike manner when they are participating in what is for some of us essentially a workplace experience.

Nicely said Michael.

Hum... Well, I say, "Give peace a chance".

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Never assume

joe woe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Goodman View Post
    If I own a Ford dealership and my salesmen are telling customers that the car is a piece of junk I would fire them because I don't like what they are saying. No one is in danger, no ones rights are being abused. I just do not like what is being said.
    Right, but that's also not a violation of his free speech. You're not stopping him from saying what he wants, you're just making him take it somewhere else. If he wanted to stand in front of your dealership and tell every customer that your cars sucked then he would be allowed to, assuming he wasn't being a danger to the public and wasn't trying to incite a riot or something.

Elliot Franson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fritzkelly View Post
    Wow, look at that!
    Attachment 18807
    Mr. Kelly: I never claimed to be a licensed home inspector in Texas. I also did not find anywhere in the forum rules where I am required to be one.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Franson View Post
    Mr. Kelly: I never claimed to be a licensed home inspector in Texas. I also did not find anywhere in the forum rules where I am required to be one.
    You are very right. I do believe assumptions were made by some. Welcome to the board. Sorry it had to be under such circumstances

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

Elliot Franson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Brooks View Post
    You are very right. I do believe assumptions were made by some. Welcome to the board. Sorry it had to be under such circumstances
    Mr. Brooks: No problem. It does seem like a bit of an iffy atmosphere on here lately, though. Innuendo in the wind, so to speak. Hopefully it will all settle down in short order. Thanks for the welcome.

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Exclamation Re: An end to the rudeness on InspectionNews

Gentlemen (and Ladies),

Just because our host has taken certain actions with some is no license for anyone else to completely disregard the forum rules or trash a persons reputation.

This is not a venue for stalking, or to engage in personal vendettas, or smear campaigns; and most especially those attacks directed towards those not actively present to respond or report the obvious infractions occuring on this and other topic string(s).

InspectionNews rates highly on search engines, and what is said on this site can effect one's and/or another's livelyhood/buisness.

We are here at the invitation and pleasure of our host. "Speach" here is restricted to be within the bounds of our Host's Rules and determinations, and the "agreement" we each made when we joined this site. Our host has pleaded that we ALL constrain ourselves, and participate within the limitations he has outlined. We are ALL expected to do so "on our honor".

The fact that our host's message box may be at times be full, and most recent activities *might* be unchecked, or delayed in review, or that each post is not actively moderated by our Host: is NO EXCUSE to continue on in a manner inconsistant with the rules and mission of the venue.

I remind the reader/participant of the following:

By accessing the InspectionNews Message Board and retrieving your password, you are stating that you agree to abide by the following Message Board Rules,
    You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Message Board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
    The goal of Hann Tech Marketing Links / InspectionNews is to have peaceful, educational and informative discussions related to the inspection business.

Please discuss the topics and do not get into personality conflicts and/or arguments
    Messages that may be edited or deleted include any message that violates any part of this agreement and/or any message that does not relate to or follow the original topic of the thread it is posted in.

We were ALL reminded (myself included) of this recently by our host.

In consideration of the above, I find some of the activity on this string VERY CONCERNING.

This string has had a LOT of viewing "hits", it is illogical to assume they have all been created by those who have actually posted on this thread. Your signature lines (and links) are viewable to those who are not logged in.

Anyone can see your posts. Partial posts are able to be viewed (including author's name) without navigating to this site and are not part of a post count.

And from the "infraction policy" "sticky":

If you feel the need to personally attack each other do it through PM or e-mail but keep it off the board.

The rules apply to everyone.

Again:

The goal of Hann Tech Marketing Links / InspectionNews is

to have peaceful, educational and informative discussions related to the inspection business.

Please discuss the topics and do not get into personality conflicts and/or arguments.

Let us all strive to continue our discussions to that mission and in that manner.

Please send me a PM immediately, should I fail again to do so.

Sincerely,

H.G.

Between Elliot and HG this site is starting to look like a retirement home for pseudo alter egos!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Elliot Franson Guest

pseudo alter egos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12