Default vinyl on less than vertical surface?

Subject house has a two-story sun room and top room is of a smaller footprint that lower. So there is an angled section, like a short shed roof, at approximately 30 degrees. I have the VSI manual and can't find any mention allowing/disallowing this. I don't think you should do this for several reasons but can't find documentation to support it. Standing seam metal roofing or other would be great here.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

chris mcintyre Guest

Default Re: vinyl on less than vertical surface?

I would call it a roof, so I say, no vinyl siding should not be used there. I see a lot of other things going on that are not right, looks like a DIY gem.

Is the upstairs door operable?

Quote Originally Posted by chris mcintyre View Post
    I would call it a roof, so I say, no vinyl siding should not be used there. I see a lot of other things going on that are not right, looks like a DIY gem.

Is the upstairs door operable?
    Thanks. You like that door huh? I call it the suicide door (like an old Lincoln). Yes, it is operable.

IMO it's wise to explain to clients that ALL vinyl siding is a decorative - not a water proof - material - and that in EVERY case it is must be installed with the understanding that substantial amounts of water will get behind it.

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com