Thread: Newbie

Toni Cottingham Guest

Default Re: Newbie

WOW! That was the ol' cold shoulder treatment, you'll have to excuse the lack of replies, everyone on here has been out drinking and are recuperating.. Hello from Kentucky, still in America for at least a while longer, soon to be United Nations.. come join U.S. !

Toni Cottingham Guest

Smile Re: Newbie

No worries, glad to hear you are all out having a good time! No stick in the muds on this site then YAY

Welcome Toni to the board. Jump right in. Post a few pics of the area your in. Bet is interesting.

rick

Stuck in the mud maybe, maybe a few axxholes but overall worth laughing at..

Toni Cottingham Guest

I have to say I am really enjoying the banter you guys throw around. Its good to see you all have a sense of humour. I have just started a Floor testing comapny in New Zealand, testing concrete and timber subfloors for moisture prior to the installation of floor coverings etc. Unfortunately we still have ancient methods still in practise down here and after many years of frustrating conversations I have decided to be the first to bring this service to market......has been an interesting experience. I am of the female gender and have 20 years experience in this trade from installation to technical specification and love that I still learn new things everyday and laugh that my friends find it weird that I love CONCRETE.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Cottingham View Post
    I have to say I am really enjoying the banter you guys throw around. Its good to see you all have a sense of humour. I have just started a Floor testing comapny in New Zealand, testing concrete and timber subfloors for moisture prior to the installation of floor coverings etc. Unfortunately we still have ancient methods still in practise down here and after many years of frustrating conversations I have decided to be the first to bring this service to market......has been an interesting experience. I am of the female gender and have 20 years experience in this trade from installation to technical specification and love that I still learn new things everyday and laugh that my friends find it weird that I love CONCRETE.
    Nothing like the smell of a good woman and concrete

Toni Cottingham Guest

Ted, a little creepy however nice to be acknowledged...i think

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Cottingham View Post
    Ted, a little creepy however nice to be acknowledged...i think
    Nothing creepy about it. I love women in the field. Many can never get over it but they need to come out of the sixth century,

Welcome to the board.

Toni Cottingham Guest

Cheers Ted

Welcome Toni, Maybe you can help us with your experience in the field.
    So what's the biggest problem you find with applications on concrete in NZL
    And whats your favorite surface to be installed on top.
    Aside from tile!
    Just interested in a view from across the pond.
    Great country you have there and wonderful people I have had the pleasure to meet.
    welcome again!

Toni Cottingham Guest

Hi Wayne,

One of NZL's biggest problems is wet concrete, water based adhesives, moisture sensitive flooring and the lack of testing done by contractors and retailers alike. I'll have to compile some photos for you all to have a laugh.

My favourite flooring is FORBO Marmoleum it looks great and is really versitile but there is not many installers left who can lay the stuff. I also really like epoxy resin/sand mortar coatings and where that technology is taking us astetically

Technology here is a little behind you guys and I love researching what the USA/CANADA is doing and "dear I say it" I am a very big fan of a Canadian Mike Holmes. (I know there's gona be some fall out from this)

I'm not a big fan of tiles however but recognise the benefits they have in wet areas. I'm not sure we get the quality of tile you enjoy in the US

Enjoying the forum

Toni